Rhiannawintrip
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Im currently taking A level computer science and i have a mock in around a month and a half and i have no idea how to revise. Nothing is sticking!
Help!!!!!
INTit
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Computer science is easy and fun ! try drinking more coffee like a good computer scientist.

Seriously though you need to be more specific :P
jhjamie
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
What isn't sticking? The programming aspect or the theory aspect? Theory can be daunting
Rhiannawintrip
Rep:
The programming section we get alot of help on some im fine with that, its the theory. Some bits stick like the algorthims and the maths parts. The rest is like a blur, nothing makes sense when revising
(Original post by jhjamie)
What isn't sticking? The programming aspect or the theory aspect? Theory can be daunting
jhjamie
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Rhiannawintrip)
The programming section we get alot of help on some im fine with that, its the theory. Some bits stick like the algorthims and the maths parts. The rest is like a blur, nothing makes sense when revising
I can see your pain. The unfortunate thing is, I think knowledge of the majority of the theory content is simply down to memory. You can't really think intuitively about something such as "port forwarding", you have to remember what phrases the examiner is looking for. The only things that I can suggest are doing all old spec past papers and read the examiner's reports as they give a lot of insight into typical mistakes students make answering theory questions.

The upside is the theory at A2 becomes much more easier (imo)!
Rhiannawintrip
Rep:
See the problem with that is, is that this course has changed, meaning there are no past papets, ajd since the spec has changed the old past papers arent useful
I can see your pain. The unfortunate thing is, I think knowledge of the majority of the theory content is simply down to memory. You can't really think intuitively about something such as "port forwarding", you have to remember what phrases the examiner is looking for. The only things that I can suggest are doing all old spec past papers and read the examiner's reports as they give a lot of insight into typical mistakes students make answering theory questions.

The upside is the theory at A2 becomes much more easier (imo)!
jhjamie
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Rhiannawintrip)
See the problem with that is, is that this course has changed, meaning there are no past papets, ajd since the spec has changed the old past papers arent useful
Have you completed the specimen papers? If not, here are quite a few of them - http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/ict-a...ment-resources
Rhiannawintrip
Rep:
Have you completed the specimen papers? If not, here are quite a few of them - http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/ict-a...ment-resources
Its a new course so only one specimem paoer. The exam board hasnt relased it yet. Thanks though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (18)
30.51%
Take a gap year (14)
23.73%
Resit my exams (9)
15.25%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (8)
13.56%
I don't know yet (7)
11.86%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
5.08%

Watched Threads