Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I've just been accepted onto an Adult Nursing degree and I am needing a little advice on whether my partner and 7 year old son will be classed as my dependents when it comes to applying for my maintenance grant/loan. I am the main earner in the family as my partner has recently been let go from work due to his health. He is now in the process of claiming Employment Support Allowance as well as Personal Independence Payments. We are also in the process of applying for tax credits. Are these benefits taken into account when working out household income?
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Pebbles85

    If you are eligible to apply for an NHS bursary, we do not need any information about dependents as you are entitled to apple for a reduced rate maintenance loan only.
    If this is applicable, please speak to the NHS who offer the other funding available.

Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.