Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    for an ideal women's weight i am supposed to be about 8 and a half stone! that's not right, even though i am about 5f4/5 but still isn't that a bit too skinny?

what do you guys (girls or guys) think that an ideal weight should realy be:

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk...alweight_w.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    for an ideal women's weight i am supposed to be about 8 and a half stone! that's not right, even though i am about 5f4/5 but still isn't that a bit too skinny?

bigger the better!

hehe, you probably about the rigth weight. them grpahs are dodgy they always get it wrong.

ReputationRep:

for someone who is 5ft 4.5 it says between 8.5 and 9.5, that doesn't strike me as skinny.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm about 10 stone, waaaaaaaaaaay over the limit

ReputationRep:

:| According to that I should be 9 and a half stone, which is way too not-skinny for my height (5ft 6)

ReputationRep:
    i'm 5'4 and 8 stone

ReputationRep:
    That thing is totally inaccurate, dont take what it says as anything really.

Post a pic of your tummy, we can decide if youre overweight or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    i'm 5'4 and 8 stone
    really? what size clothes are u?

ReputationRep:
    I'm about 10 stone, waaaaaaaaaaay over the limit
    hardly, it's about half a stone over the area for ideal weight (8.5-9.5), yes slightly overweight, but not that much. and you got to use a bit of common sense, these things are only a guide. (according to my height i'm quite often underweight, which i'm not)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Charts like that are always useless, they don't take into account build and muscle and stuff like that.

ReputationRep:
    really? what size clothes are u?
    8/10

ReputationRep:
    8/10
    that's strange in some respect as i'm about a size ten on top and a size 12 sometimes 14(depends what shop i'm in) on the bottom

that's another thing, those damn shops! Do they ever get their sizes right?

ReputationRep:
    that's strange in some respect as i'm about a size ten on top and a size 12 sometimes 14(depends what shop i'm in) on the bottom

Doesnt really matter, youre gonna try them on anyway, right?

ReputationRep:

the sizes vary a lot from shop to shop i can be a size 6/8/10. It's rly annoying sometimes!

ReputationRep:
    the sizes vary a lot from shop to shop i can be a size 6/8/10. It's rly annoying sometimes!
    i'm terrible when i'm out shopping. I get depressed if something doesn't fit, lol. I'd rather die than fo up another size i always end up saying "right, that's it, i'm going on a diet" lol

ReputationRep:
    i'm terrible when i'm out shopping. I get depressed if spemething doesn't fit, lol. I'd rather die than fo up another size i always end up saying "right, that's it, i'm going on a diet" lol

Lol, I think everyone has that moment. But anyway it's the shops fault - they do vary a lot!

ReputationRep:
    i'm terrible when i'm out shopping. I get depressed if something doesn't fit, lol. I'd rather die than fo up another size i always end up saying "right, that's it, i'm going on a diet" lol
    i do that, i get really upset if i have to buy a size 12 in anything, but i haven't for ages now

lou xxx

ReputationRep:

no you've got more leway than that for your height, try looking at a Body Mass Index chart on the web it'll say you can be up to around 10 stone and still be fine. I'm the same height as you and i looked like a bag of bones when i weighed 8 and a half - don't worry hun x

ReputationRep:
    my God...

ReputationRep:
    Having a hard time reading the chart.... Stone? Oh who cares, I'm sure I'm the size I'm supposed to be

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.