Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArisGreenleaf)
    Having a hard time reading the chart.... Stone? Oh who cares, I'm sure I'm the size I'm supposed to be
    how much is 8.5 - 9.5 stone in kilograms anyway?
    im confused! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Whats stone>Kilos?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Whats stone>Kilos?
    lol glad im not the only one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    lol glad im not the only one!
    Yeah! Two of us who are clueless!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! Two of us who are clueless!
    i weigh 51 kgs and im 1m60
    what abt u?

ReputationRep:
    IM 5'10 which is... I dont know.. 177, 178? and im 62 which is pretty good with my BMI. So I dont know what that is in Stone.

ReputationRep:
    IM 5'10 which is... I dont know.. 177, 178? and im 62 which is pretty good with my BMI. So I dont know what that is in Stone.
    you;d be classed as underweight? i think? i should ideally weigh 50, im having trouble loosing that last kilo!
    if your 177 or 178 you can weigh up to 67 68 kilos rite?
    well thats what i heard!

ReputationRep:
    you;d be classed as underweight? i think? i should ideally weigh 50, im having trouble loosing that last kilo!
    if your 177 or 178 you can weigh up to 67 68 kilos rite?
    well thats what i heard!
    meh, probably. I guess I better break out the choccies eh?

ReputationRep:
    meh, probably. I guess I better break out the choccies eh?
    hehe yeah
    talkin abt choccies iv just pigged out on yesterdays left over lunch! not bad

ReputationRep:
    i think the problem is the source of that chart.

Just looked up the chart in a medical dictionary and the range there is from 8st - just under 10 stone.

These things are only a guide anyway and a lot depends on what shape you are / how much muscle you have. don't panic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    for an ideal women's weight i am supposed to be about 8 and a half stone! that's not right, even though i am about 5f4/5 but still isn't that a bit too skinny?

what do you guys (girls or guys) think that an ideal weight should realy be:

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk...alweight_w.htm
    the graoh is rite, bigger women r STRONGER,lol!!

ReputationRep:
    all depends on your frame as well- somebody with a medium frame can't ever be too skinny, their body won't let them, however you can be underweight and still be healthy. i have a medium frame, and i'm a midge, but i can be anything from 8stone 2 to 10 stone 2- which i think for my height is a little excessive

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    all depends on your frame as well- somebody with a medium frame can't ever be too skinny, their body won't let them, however you can be underweight and still be healthy. i have a medium frame, and i'm a midge, but i can be anything from 8stone 2 to 10 stone 2- which i think for my height is a little excessive
    Someone with a medium frame? You mean someone with a small frame, don't you?
    And yes, anyone can be 'too skinny'.

Surely it depends on whether the weight is muscle or fat? You could be an athlete, for example, with a high BMI and be extremely healthy.

ReputationRep:
    no no, i mean a medium frame. i have friends who are my height but have a tiny frame, they're much narrower than me naturally.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, it all depends what shape you are i.e. Pear shape (i prefer bell hour glass or apple. If you have a big bust than ofcourse you're going to be classed as over weight, which is stupid, it's a cruel world:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    how much is 8.5-9.5 stone? in kgs

ReputationRep:
    about 55- 60 kilos

ReputationRep:
    how much is 8.5-9.5 stone? in kgs
    no idea, its stupid how people still use this ancient measurement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    about 55- 60 kilos
    and for what height is that? in meters....plz

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.