(Original post by TheWolf)
good luck! if you havent done em already
thanx got another hour to go! done one today already! hehe
Bathsheba
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
your ideal weight is determined by the size of your body-frame. the way to work out how big your frame is is to see if your thumb and index finger touch around the widest part of your wrist.
if they don't touch at all then you are a large frame and could weigh 20 stone without being fat. if they only just touch you are a middling frame and should throw yourself off a cliff. if they not only touch but overlap then you are a teeny frame and should shoot yourself unless you weigh 2 stone.
hence: all people with long fingers should be fat.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Bathsheba)
your ideal weight is determined by the size of your body-frame. the way to work out how big your frame is is to see if your thumb and index finger touch around the widest part of your wrist.
if they don't touch at all then you are a large frame and could weigh 20 stone without being fat. if they only just touch you are a middling frame and should throw yourself off a cliff. if they not only touch but overlap then you are a teeny frame and should shoot yourself unless you weigh 2 stone.
what! i have longish fingers and im not fat!
serendipity
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kieshaxxx)
i'm 5'4 and 8 stone
I'm 5'4 and 8 stone 4 lbs
And my fingers overlap round my wrist...does that make me strange?
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It doesnt mean a damn thing, My weight flucuates depending on what sport im doing at a time. For instance, im fairly light (for my height and frame) at the moment becuase ive just come off distance running but im about to go back into Basketball and Waterpolo so now I have to build up my muscle mass again so of course my weight is going to change. I suppose the only way to surely know is if you go to the Dr throughout the year and have an average done or something?
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm a bloke and I'm 10 stone, and I think I'm perfectly healthy.
Checkey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by edders)
I'm a bloke and I'm 10 stone, and I think I'm perfectly healthy.
I agree, it can be silly to pinpoint a specific weight to a specific height as the "ideal" weight - Everyone is different and their bodies are different.
Kiesha
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've been going to the gym a lot recently and running etc since I don't have much else to do now that most of my exams are over! It really depends on your body composition as well i.e. how much of your weight is coming from fat and how much from lean muscle ... or something like that anyway! :confused:
RieLouise
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by priya)
no no, i mean a medium frame. i have friends who are my height but have a tiny frame, they're much narrower than me naturally.
Okay, whatever.
Maybe I've misunderstood but visit your local EDU and you'll see that medium framed people can indeed be too skinny.
Kiesha
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
I'm 5'4 and 8 stone 4 lbs
And my fingers overlap round my wrist...does that make me strange?

Lol, no everyone is different, there isn't really room for that much comparison.
++Hex++
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Bathsheba)
Lol!
A thoroughly excellent summary of the situation. I hate that BMI thing anyway, it always tells me I'm chronically underweight - but then by your reckoning...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (182)
29.74%
The paper was reasonable (250)
40.85%
Not feeling great about that exam... (107)
17.48%
It was TERRIBLE (73)
11.93%

Watched Threads