The Student Room Group

Best way to do logs?

C2 log questions are really complicated and I have just a month to be able to do any log question, so how can I learn to do them, I know practicing is the best way but I can't even do some of the questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by am99
C2 log questions are really complicated and I have just a month to be able to do any log question, so how can I learn to do them, I know practicing is the best way but I can't even do some of the questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Watch some videos on Utube
Original post by am99

Posted from TSR Mobile

Watch videos on ExamSolutions.net

He teaches them really well, it's not very hard either :P
Reply 3
I haven't seen the exam solution videos but I will watch them today, the problem I have is actually applying the laws to the really hard questions as it can get complicated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by am99
I haven't seen the exam solution videos but I will watch them today, the problem I have is actually applying the laws to the really hard questions as it can get complicated

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh back in the days of logs, good times..

I struggled a lot with logs too but the rules for logs are literally the same as the rules for indices (that's what I used to help me anyway) and practice log questions a lot!!
Reply 5
Original post by cookiemonster15
Ahhh back in the days of logs, good times..

I struggled a lot with logs too but the rules for logs are literally the same as the rules for indices (that's what I used to help me anyway) and practice log questions a lot!!

Okay thank you, I will print out every log question from all the past papers on Monday and attempt to do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by am99
Okay thank you, I will print out every log question from all the past papers on Monday and attempt to do it

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile: And if you get them wrong do check examsolutions like the others have suggested, oh and don't worry too much about it, just keep a level head and get through as many questions as you can. I also couldn't do logs for the majority of the year but once you get your head around it, it makes much more sense :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by cookiemonster15
:smile: And if you get them wrong do check examsolutions like the others have suggested, oh and don't worry too much about it, just keep a level head and get through as many questions as you can. I also couldn't do logs for the majority of the year but once you get your head around it, it makes much more sense :smile:

Thank you, and I will :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by am99

Posted from TSR Mobile

try and have some sort of hierarchy in your head about which ones you find easiest and which are the most difficult

start with easier ones as it will build your confidence and will help you with the harder ones

when you start not to understand it, try youtube or go to the exam board website and read mark schemes for log questions

Quick Reply

Latest