Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what happens if someone is absent from an IGCSE subject exam watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to know what happens if someone is absent from an IGCSE subject exam. Do they get No Result on the statement of result or it will mentioned

ReputationRep:
    You get no result and take it the following year

ReputationRep:
    Depends however if you have a doctors note. If you have a doctors note as to why you can't attend, you get your predicted grade, if not you'll just be graded a U.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nazir2529)
    I want to know what happens if someone is absent from an IGCSE subject exam. Do they get No Result on the statement of result or it will mentioned
    Which exam board? For Edexcel the rules are the same as for missing parts of GCSEs, CIE have slightly different rules which I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    Depends however if you have a doctors note. If you have a doctors note as to why you can't attend, you get your predicted grade, if not you'll just be graded a U.
    Hi!
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have no plan to submit a doctors note as I want to be absent because my preparation is not good. And I need extra time to prepare for other subjects.

Will this U grade be mentioned in certificate as well??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    wait really???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    Which exam board? For Edexcel the rules are the same as for missing parts of GCSEs, CIE have slightly different rules which I don't know.
    My exam board is CIE.
    I want to be absent because my preparation is not good. And I need extra time to prepare for other subjects.I am worried about the certificate. Will there anything ( like U or ABSENT) be mentioned in certificate that I was absent??
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    In ours if you miss an exam for a serious reason they will give you the grade that you got in your most recent PPE's

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have no plan to submit a doctors note as I want to be absent because my preparation is not good. And I need extra time to prepare for other subjects.

What exam are you taking? Surely you have a chance of at least passing so i would rather go to the exam and try your best.

ReputationRep:
    My exam board is CIE.
    I want to be absent because my preparation is not good. And I need extra time to prepare for other subjects.I am worried about the certificate. Will there anything ( like U or ABSENT) be mentioned in certificate that I was absent??
    It is not too late to withdraw if your school will let you.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes, because you aren't prepared doesn't give you a feasible reason to not attend

(Original post by Milzime)
    wait really???
    yup, of course I'm sure you won't get a doctors note for having a cold, it's more for people who are in hospital with illness & physically can't attend

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.