Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I say it's distracting and therefore selfish and should be policed by ushers.

What say ye?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36056449

ReputationRep:
    Get real problems

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Souljer)
    Get real problems
    what real problems do you have?

ReputationRep:
    I mean if your at the back ok..but not if your right at the front and plus you pay to go to the cinema you can be anywhere else for free on your phone
    Btw sorry if this makes no sense my keyboard is messed up

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure how anyone could support using a phone at the cinema. You've just paid £10 to see this film, how important can your texts be that you can't wait 2 hours to check them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    I say it's distracting and therefore selfish and should be policed by ushers.

What say ye?
    I remembered when I didnt know what usher meant when I was younger so everytime someone said that I pictured

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    I remembered when I didnt know what usher meant when I was younger so everytime someone said that I pictured
    I remember life before mobile phones ... we survived very well, we spent quality time with friends, but relied more on TV & films for entertainment, now people make their own using the web

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    I remember life before mobile phones ...

ReputationRep:
    You should be forced to sit in a darkened room and see several hours of Jeremy Kyle as punishment if caught. Or have your phone locked away in a safe for a day.

ReputationRep:
    I've been to cinemas where it is policed by the ushers, or at least where there's a message beforehand saying it will be policed by the ushers; I don't know if they were bluffing or if they would actually do it.

ReputationRep:
    they should be forced to watch Kindergarten Cop III on loop until they repent

ReputationRep:
    I've never been somewhere where it's been an issue. I try to give people a minute or two to use their phones, since I never know why someone's distracted. Maybe they're checking in on their kid or there's an emergency. But most people will put it back away and I just don't let it bother me.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What I really don't like is when people come in late and use the torches on their phones to look for seats. Like have some manners pls

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.