The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Product Design (3D) PROD3 10th JUNE 2016

Scroll to see replies

Basically I know three design movements, a range of products for safety, ergonomics, anthropometrics, inclusive design, iconic and tech development. I know most the A2 content of design and market influences and I did the AS resit so I know most stuff on that. Do I need to know any other things?
Original post by Jackhawkins21
when you talk about an inclusive/good design are you referring to an iconic design or something like a disabled toilet and its features? and how you answer a question testing seems quite tricky

Omg yeah sorry I meant iconic design haha
Yamyam you sound pretty good to be honest, look up some suistainability stuff
Original post by yamyam77
Basically I know three design movements, a range of products for safety, ergonomics, anthropometrics, inclusive design, iconic and tech development. I know most the A2 content of design and market influences and I did the AS resit so I know most stuff on that. Do I need to know any other things?

Sounds fine, have you done ICT in design and manufacturing?
And sorry to be a pain but have you got any notes you could possibly send as you sound quite prepared? haha :smile:
Reply 24
i am really stuck on different processing method for metals and how much u should write for each question?
Has anyone learnt examples for the environmental life cycle thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lozengerrrr
Sounds fine, have you done ICT in design and manufacturing?
And sorry to be a pain but have you got any notes you could possibly send as you sound quite prepared? haha :smile:

Absolutely despise ICT so just left it I think, done some stuff on modern manufacturing tho like JIT etc!
And sure what's your email I'll email it because they're al hand written to I'll take pics :smile:
Original post by yamyam77
Absolutely despise ICT so just left it I think, done some stuff on modern manufacturing tho like JIT etc!
And sure what's your email I'll email it because they're al hand written to I'll take pics :smile:

Omg I know right?? I hate it too, I just did it today aha
and cool thank you so much, I'll pm you :smile:
Really dislike wood. Would be thrilled if inclusive design came up, injection moulding, dont mind JCB, Im okay with design movements. Really dont like wood, material finishes, technological developments and so on. I really dislike this exam already :///
Reply 29
i am a bit stuck on design movements and the sort of questions that could up on it anyone got any ideas
Original post by Ben12pot
i am a bit stuck on design movements and the sort of questions that could up on it anyone got any ideas
Its came up before have a look at the past papers! But it would be like 'Compare and contrast the designers and product within two design movements of your choice' or 'Discuss the characteristics of a design movement of your choice and key designers within it'. Something like that! :-)
Hi guys,
I was just wondering is it worth knowing a few topics of the book quite thoroughly, or is it better knowing less information but considerably more topics.
I am hoping that anything to do with health and safety doesn't come up. And I would say...if you think that a certain topic wouldn't come up, look over it just in case
HELP ME-
Question regarding marks and grades.

I got 155/165 out of coursework over AS and A2, and a C in AS theory, and really need an A overall for my A level to get the grades for my Uni offer.

Does anyone know roughly how well I need to do for the PROD3 exam on friday in order for me to get an A? I am slightly panicking as I can never answer any of the past papers and never get higher than 10/24 etc.

any help or guesses would be really appreciated!!
Original post by Rosahenderson
HELP ME-

I got 155/165 out of coursework over AS and A2, and a C in AS theory, and really need an A overall for my A level to get the grades for my Uni offer.

Does anyone know roughly how well I need to do for the PROD3 exam on friday in order for me to get an A? I am slightly panicking as I can never answer any of the past papers and never get higher than 10/24 etc.

Get around 60/84. That's an A*. Been around that mark for the past few years
Reply 35
Original post by Rosahenderson
HELP ME-

you will need to get around 80 ums marks which last year was 49 marks
A few topics haven't come up in a while or in fact never come up at all. I've revised robots and materials testing therefore. Something to do with nanotechnology could also pop up.
Original post by Ben12pot
you will need to get around 80 ums marks which last year was 49 marks

thank you!
Original post by muctarrio97
Get around 60/84. That's an A*. Been around that mark for the past few years

cheers!!
Is the answer book actually unlined ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending