weird aimless feeling Watch

This discussion is closed.
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Am i the only one who has no problem with doing absolutely nothing for an eternity?
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
Yah I'm utterly lost and it's less than 24 hours since I finished exams. Supposed to be going out tonight but I'm really in quite a foul mood, but my friend will have a fit on me if I cancel now. I think I'm just going to watch as many <A TITLE="Click for more information about movies" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||movies|AA1V Dw">movies</A> as possible and read lots of books. Anybody know in any cinemas in Manchester that do like a "unlimited number of films for fixed cost" deal?
How was STEP 3 and 2?

Did you answer all 14 questions correctly?
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
Am i the only one who has no problem with doing absolutely nothing for an eternity?
Probably not really. I'm complaining, but the pressure of exams was killing me inside and I haven't forgotten that yet.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Invisible)
How was STEP 3 and 2?

Did you answer all 14 questions correctly?
STEP III was okayish - Got like 3 questions mostly out, and some scraps.
STEP II was atrocious - Don't think I'm gonna get full marks on a single question.

So basically I've almost certainly lost my cam place, which makes for an extra nice wait for the next 7 weeks
tis_me_lord
Report 14 years ago
lol i'm making the most of having nothing to do, otherwise soon it'll be September and i'll be wishing all year that it was this moment now again, i don't want to spend it complaining.
Nima
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
STEP III was okayish - Got like 3 questions mostly out, and some scraps.
STEP II was atrocious - Don't think I'm gonna get full marks on a single question.

So basically I've almost certainly lost my cam place, which makes for an extra nice wait for the next 7 weeks
Well, many others will, so Cam will have the problem of selecting those who failed to meet the offerbecause they are losers. (J/K)

aka: you. (Not a loser, as in, you can get selected)
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, many others will, so Cam will have the problem of selecting those who failed to meet the offerbecause they are losers. (J/K)

aka: you. (Not a loser, as in, you can get selected)
Unfortunately Clare are going to be very strict this year, they completely overoffered, and so sent out letters saying "unfortunately if you fail to meet your STEP component of the offer we will almost certainly by unable to take you"
Nima
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Unfortunately Clare are going to be very strict this year, they completely overoffered, and so sent out letters saying "unfortunately if you fail to meet your STEP component of the offer we will almost certainly by unable to take you"
WTF?! :eek:

So unfair! You should have applied to Oxford, you only need AAA and you're in!
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
WTF?! :eek:

So unfair! You should have applied to Oxford, you only need AAA and you're in!
Yeah but cam maths is like 10 times better than ox.

MB
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Since about February I've known I should have gone for Oxford =P
Nima
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
Yeah but cam maths is like 10 times better than ox.

MB
2nd best in the UK isn't enough?

I'd rather have AAA to get into Ox than STEP 3 and 2 for Cam, knowing it's impossible.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
2nd best in the UK isn't enough?

I'd rather have AAA to get into Ox than STEP 3 and 2 for Cam, knowing it's impossible.
Oxford maths is regarded as well behind Warwick/Imperial/Bath, but only by wee mathmos, by employers they'd probably think it were better than Cam.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, they probably never mentioned just exactly how hard STEP was.
Welll I did get warned enough time, but you take things as they come, and at the time you think getting an Oxbridge is the hardest thing in the world and nothing else could stop you if you managed that.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (491)
31.1%
The paper was reasonable (608)
38.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (258)
16.34%
It was TERRIBLE (222)
14.06%

Watched Threads