How do I revise properly?????????????????

Watch
abbieakbuak
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
so I do psychology, English literature and geography but I don't actually know what the best/most effective way to revise is. Anyone know
britmj
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by abbieakbuak)
so I do psychology, English literature and geography but I don't actually know what the best/most effective way to revise is. Anyone know
You do mostly essay-based subjects I'm guessing? I also do English Literature but with Spanish and History so I also have essay-based subjects. I recommend making sure you have all of the knowledge for the topic, but revise this early.. like now? So that you have LOADS of time for essay practice in timed conditions, this for me is the best way to revise because it is effective and it forces me to think like I would during the exam. Spending ages revising the knowledge stuff of your subject won't be useful unless you know how to use it.

In terms of revising all of the context stuff, I think brainstorms are good for essay based subjects, flashcards the usual kind of stuff. For English, definitely memorising the quotes and context with them - this is pretty useful, whether it's creating a list/bank of wider reading quotes or something like that, this for me is pretty useful. Can't say I can help much with Psychology, but I took Sociology last year, I just found ways to memorise the case studies and sociologists by using flashcards and by condensing the topics into the studies only because you should already know what each topic is by now! Also, redrafting past essays are really useful, you get to see where you tend to make your mistakes and really improve on that.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (23)
6.32%
Uncertainty around my education (40)
10.99%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (43)
11.81%
Lack of purpose or motivation (49)
13.46%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (18)
4.95%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (17)
4.67%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (38)
10.44%
Financial worries (26)
7.14%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.12%
Exposure to negative news/social media (22)
6.04%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (10)
2.75%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (37)
10.16%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (26)
7.14%

Watched Threads