Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Rocketship)
    Idk if i should go :/
    Why would you go and why wouldnt you?

im not going either dw

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to mine either. Spending so much on a dress to wear once seems ridiculous tbh. (plus my friends and I are going to Thorpe Park instead!)

ReputationRep:
    It's good fun but not necessary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I never went to mine I went to the after party which was so much more relaxed! I never felt like I missed out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ddraigdwr2)
    I'm not going to mine either. Spending so much on a dress to wear once seems ridiculous tbh. (plus my friends and I are going to Thorpe Park instead!)
    Thorpe Park sounds fun, but a prom dress doesn't have to cost loads believe me. I bought my prom dress for £20 including shipping from a high street shop, I love it, it's timeless and feels expensive!

ReputationRep:
    My prom dress cost £40 and has been used many a time since. Your point is true for the people that buy those ridiculous looking American style prom dresses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Why would you go and why wouldnt you?
    I wouldn't go because I don't really have a set group of friends so I just feel I would be so awkward and not enjoy it :/ I mean, I am friends with quite a few people but I feel like I wouldn't know who to hang out with… plus, a few of my friends aren't going anyway and I'm probably going to see most of my year in year 12 (provided I don't move school obviously)

I would go because it's a party to see everyone together after 5 years of being with each other, and I feel like I might regret not going in the future but idk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zanner)
    im not going either dw
    May I ask what you are going to do on the day instead?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I wouldn't go because I don't really have a set group of friends so I just feel I would be so awkward and not enjoy it :/ I mean, I am friends with quite a few people but I feel like I wouldn't know who to hang out with… plus, a few of my friends aren't going anyway and I'm probably going to see most of my year in year 12 (provided I don't move school obviously)

I would go because it's a party to see everyone together after 5 years of being with each other, and I feel like I might regret not going in the future but idk
    I went to mine (but had a set friend group) but to be honest i wouldnt have been that bothered if i had missed it, especially as I had the majority of my friends stay for year 12 so you probably wont massively regret it if you dont go.

May I ask what you are going to do on the day instead?
    probably alone in the gym why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soul-Searching)
    I never went to mine I went to the after party which was so much more relaxed! I never felt like I missed out!

I don't think I'd go to the after party either :/ If I don't go to prom (haven't made my decision yet), I hope I don't end up regretting it in the future...

ReputationRep:
    probably alone in the gym why?
    Trying to think of ideas of what to do if I don't go… maybe I'll binge watch some movies or something lol

Trying to think of ideas of what to do if I don't go… maybe I'll binge watch some movies or something lol
    treat it like another day in the summer thats what it'll be for me
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    I feel like it's an experience and probably worth a shot since you might enjoy it, and if you don't go you won't know whether you would have liked it or not. I didn't think I'd like mine and went to my prom and 6th form leavers dinner and hated both but was glad I actually tried, I think you've got to give these things a chance and if it's not for you then you don't have to go again.

ReputationRep:
    You know you can always refund the dress after prom?

ReputationRep:
    treat it like another day in the summer thats what it'll be for me
    Do you think you'll regret not going in the future? My only worry is me missing out on stuff (fomo lol) even though there's a big chance I'll end up being super awkward and not having a good time (although, who knows, that might not happen but IDEK)

ReputationRep:
    If I was in year 11 again I wouldn't go

ReputationRep:
    I went to my year 11 one and I absolutely loved it. It was awesome.

I won't go to my sixth form one though. It's at an inconvenient time.

I think you should consider going. At least then you can look back on it and say whether or not you think it's worth it. Ultimately, your experience will be dependent on whether or not you get along with the people in your year

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.