Can you reject your firm choice after results day?

Watch
natalia2544
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
If I change my mind and would rather go to my insurance choice can I reject my firm for my insurance choice after results day?
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by natalia2544)
If I change my mind and would rather go to my insurance choice can I reject my firm for my insurance choice after results day?
No. Universities get your results the weekend before you do and if you have met your firm offer, the insurance has disappeared before you even get your results. Make your mind up now.
TheBlueBiro
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can be asked to be released into clearing/adjustment if you decide you don't want to go there but that's risky because the course you applied for may no longer be available at the Uni of your choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
Why not just make your mind up now?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by natalia2544)
As everyone has explained above this isn't possible on results day. There's a slim chance you could switch by asking to be placed into Clearing and your insurance being willing to accept you via that route but it is risky.

HOWEVER you can swap your firm and insurance now - all you need is to contact UCAS and then contact both universities. Once both universities give UCAS their agreement then your firm and insurance will be swapped over.

This option is available until early/mid July (and because you need university agreement it can take a week or two to arrange).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (391)
56.58%
I don't have everything I need (300)
43.42%

Watched Threads