The Student Room Group

Can you reject your firm choice after results day?

If I change my mind and would rather go to my insurance choice can I reject my firm for my insurance choice after results day?
Original post by natalia2544
If I change my mind and would rather go to my insurance choice can I reject my firm for my insurance choice after results day?

No. Universities get your results the weekend before you do and if you have met your firm offer, the insurance has disappeared before you even get your results. Make your mind up now.
You can be asked to be released into clearing/adjustment if you decide you don't want to go there but that's risky because the course you applied for may no longer be available at the Uni of your choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why not just make your mind up now?
Original post by natalia2544

As everyone has explained above this isn't possible on results day. There's a slim chance you could switch by asking to be placed into Clearing and your insurance being willing to accept you via that route but it is risky.

HOWEVER you can swap your firm and insurance now - all you need is to contact UCAS and then contact both universities. Once both universities give UCAS their agreement then your firm and insurance will be swapped over.

This option is available until early/mid July (and because you need university agreement it can take a week or two to arrange).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending