Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone on here have/think of getting a Raspberry Pi?
    If so; Which one do you have or intend to get, & what do you want to use it for? :-)
    I noticed the latest RPi 3 has wifi & quad core processor. I may go for this one!
    Also; If you are using a RPi & would like pdf file links of the different books you can buy; Raspberry Pi User Guide (2nd Ed), Raspberry Pi for Dummies, The Official Raspberry Pi Projects, Cookbooks (RPi Networking etc), Penetration Testing with Raspberry Pi etc, just post which one you need & I might have it! :-) (all available on google)
    On iPhone you can press the screen on a pdf, "open in" & save in notes. Then just open them from notes, plus you can print them out directly from notes! ;-)

PlGLET

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I recently got ( I received one ) a raspberry pi ( not at all sure what model it is ) and I was wondering if you have books for beginners - like absolute beginners because I have no idea what to do with it ???

- Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .x.Joy.x.)
    Hi

I recently got ( I received one ) a raspberry pi ( not at all sure what model it is ) and I was wondering if you have books for beginners - like absolute beginners because I have no idea what to do with it ???

- Thanks
    You...received one? :-o
    If you look on the board itself; it will be there as "Raspberry Pi x Ver..."
    The x is the number of the RPi you have, if there is no number then you have first RPi. There's also a Raspberry Pi zero. :-)

The ones I think would be suitable for beginners are;
    Raspberry Pi for Dummies
    http://daz-pi.com/ebooks/Raspberry%2...ike%20Cook.pdf
    Raspberry Pi User Guide (Second Edition - 2014)
    http://daz-pi.com/ebooks/Eben_Upton,...Guide._2nd.pdf
    &
    The Official Raspberry Pi Projects Book
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi-is...ts_Book_v1.pdf

If you need any more, let me know! :-)

PlGLET

ReputationRep:
    Thanks - the books were really helpful and I actually have an idea for a project I could start so thanks again

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.