Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm friends with quite a few people but I don't really have a set group of friends so I can imagine myself not really having anyone to hang out with and just floating around awkwardly :-/ Also, some of my friends aren't going anyway

I feel like I would regret not going, but then again I've pushed myself to go to parties where I've ended up being really awkward (and just tagging along with people who already have their own friend group) and I'd always not enjoy it and always wish I didn't go.

Plus, I'm not moving school so I'd seen most of my year group in year 12 anyway... Idk, some of my friends are telling me to go but I just don't know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocketship)
    I'm friends with quite a few people but I don't really have a set group of friends so I can imagine myself not really having anyone to hang out with and just floating around awkwardly :-/ Also, some of my friends aren't going anyway

I feel like I would regret not going, but then again I've pushed myself to go to parties where I've ended up being really awkward (and just tagging along with people who already have their own friend group) and I'd always not enjoy it and always wish I didn't go.

Plus, I'm not moving school so I'd seen most of my year group in year 12 anyway... Idk, some of my friends are telling me to go but I just don't know
    That's your own choice to make. To be honest though, you won't miss much if you decided not to go.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't go and I do not regret it whatsoever. Still in contact with all of my friends from secondary and I also go to a different school out of town now. Hell I didn't even go to leavers assembly, spent my entire day in London and I probably had a better time on my own in the museums.

The day after prom people told me that it was rubbish, so yeah.

Of course your friends are going to tell you to go, but at the end of the day it is your choice and they won't judge you for not going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocketship)

I was the same in high school and I still went and had loads of fun - if you want to go, go. Even if it turns out being awkward, no one really cares. And if it turns out great, bonus!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You dont have to go. I did go to mine and it was boring!!!
    So i wouldnt reccomend it but its your choice.
    I was going with friends but we had a seating plan for where we had to sit!!
    It was awful.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed mine, but mainly because it was well structured and we had an awesome DJ who actually put on our music request of Free Bird :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyFool229)
    I didn't go and I do not regret it whatsoever. Still in contact with all of my friends from secondary and I also go to a different school out of town now. Hell I didn't even go to leavers assembly, spent my entire day in London and I probably had a better time on my own in the museums.

The day after prom people told me that it was rubbish, so yeah.

Of course your friends are going to tell you to go, but at the end of the day it is your choice and they won't judge you for not going.
    Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better… especially as even though I probably won't move school there's a small chance I might - I don't want to feel guilty about not going in the future. I still haven't decided but I'm leaning towards not going to prom

ps. going to museums sounds like my kind of day out lol xD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.