Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

St. Michael's Catholic Grammar, Woodhouse College, Mill Hill County Watch

ReputationRep:
    title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayestar)
    Hey peeps,
    I just recently got conditional offers from St michael's and woodhouse and I'm gonna have a mill hill county interview soon.

The problem is, I don't know much about St. michael's and I'm not catholic either (I'm surprised I got accepted, since I applied on a whim!). Does anyone know what it's like in St. Michael's?
    I'd be happy if someone can give me advantages and disadvantages about these three sixth forms. Even one of them is fine. I just want to know a little bit about them.

Also, since my mill hill interview is coming up, can someone tell me what the interview was like? What did they ask you?
    Is anyone going to the woodhouse introductory afternoon?

Thanks in advance!
    I was planning on applying to St Michael's but someone on here (don't remember who) told me that the teacher's were quite average - they weren't particularly great and that there's a stereotypical "St Michael's Girl" and this kind of put me off, even though now I feel like I should have applied because the latter was a stupid reason not to apply to a school.
    But St Michael's gets great results.

I've only really heard good things about Woodhouse - people say the pastoral side isn't great, but the teachers are usually quite good and most people seem to get the grades they want.

Don't really know much about Mill Hill County but my brothers used to go to a sports camp there so all I know is they have good facilities.

What subjects are you planning on taking?
    Good Luck!

Which are you currently more "decided" on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwishicouldfly14)
    I was planning on applying to St Michael's but someone on here (don't remember who) told me that the teacher's were quite average - they weren't particularly great and that there's a stereotypical "St Michael's Girl" and this kind of put me off, even though now I feel like I should have applied because the latter was a stupid reason not to apply to a school.
    But St Michael's gets great results.

I've only really heard good things about Woodhouse - people say the pastoral side isn't great, but the teachers are usually quite good and most people seem to get the grades they want.

Don't really know much about Mill Hill County but my brothers used to go to a sports camp there so all I know is they have good facilities.

What subjects are you planning on taking?
    Good Luck!

Which are you currently more "decided" on?
    basically, my first choice is st michaels at the moment but I'm worried about what being in a girls school is like. ik theres a few guys but would the environment b different compared to a mixed school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayestar)
    basically, my first choice is st michaels at the moment but I'm worried about what being in a girls school is like. ik theres a few guys but would the environment b different compared to a mixed school?
    I've been in a mixed school for ever, but I guess their are a couple of difference e.g. the lack of boys so less boy drama, more focused and competitive, etc,

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.