Ideally, at least 4-5 A*, since it is a competitive field
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by MariaA21)
    I want to know what ideal grades do I need to get to go for medicine
    Some require 6A/A*'s depends where you want to go. Oxbridge usually want mostly A*'s

ReputationRep:
    Ideally you need GCSE maths and science to A/A* grades, the other subjects like humanities/English are not as important but you still should aim high - medicine is a really competitive field! Do you do dual/triple science GCSE? Triple science would probably give you an advantage too for A level study. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    An oxbridge conference i went to in year 12 (was a time when i had ridiculously high ambitions lol) told me the average applicant had 8A* in GCSE. But it is oxbridge - other unis are more lenient, about 6 including the core subjects (triple science/maths/english)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Highly dependent on university. Some need 9, 10A*s others you can get away with 0. Do your research well before applying.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.