Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so i was wondering if the level 3 in medical science at distinction would be good enough to study veterinary medicine at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaW)
    so i was wondering if the level 3 in medical science at distinction would be good enough to study veterinary medicine at uni?
    I'm going to say no.

Some of the universities accept a national diploma in animal management at distinction, but they also require an AS level/ A level alongside the diploma. Have a look on the university admissions pages, if it isn't on there, it's highly unlikely they will accept it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaW)
    Possibly at some unis, depending on the modules taken, but you should contact them. RVC say they accept the Level 3 extended diploma:
    'Pearson ‘Applied Science’ or ‘Biomedical Science’: D*D*D* overall with Distinctions in:
    • Principles and Applications of Science I
    • Principles and Applications of Science II
    • Science Investigation Skills or Contemporary Issues in Science
    • Genetics and Genetics Engineering
    • Physiology of Human Body Systems or Human Regulation and Reproduction
    • Microbiology and Microbiological Techniques or Diseases and Infections
    • Biomedical Science or Biological Molecules and Metabolic Pathways
    In addition, candidates must take two of the below achieving a Distinction:
    • Applications of Organic Chemistry; Applications of Inorganic Chemistry; Practical Chemical Analysis'
    I got this from a quick google search, so have a look around to see if there are others that may accept your qualification.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.