Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so theres this guy and we have been on and off for the last 4 months, right now we are not together.
    We got together in december and everything was perfect, i was so happy and couldnt wait to see him and talk to him. After i returned to uni we literally started arguing every single day. I wanted to speak to other guys because his parents are so strict, hes not allowed to have a girlfriend so he couldnt see me unless it was the days he was at college which was twice a week. His parents didnt know about me and he wouldnt even tell me anything about his life, not even what his sibilings were called.... We dont speak all the time (we used to everyday) but his parents dont like him being on his phone so we cant speak that much

My friends literally sat me down and told me this is not a proper relationship and they reminded me of the many times i went to them crying about him. All my friends told me he doesnt love me and im just wasting my time with him. They told me to move on and find someone else.

But its not that easy... I cant get over him because i really love him, i want to be with him forever. Am i wasting my time or should i just suck it up and deal with him not being able to see me all the time and stuff?

ReputationRep:
    Well you have to be realistic, if you know that you cannot be with him then you have no other choice but get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acharaaa)
    Okay so theres this guy and we have been on and off for the last 4 months, right now we are not together.
    We got together in december and everything was perfect, i was so happy and couldnt wait to see him and talk to him. After i returned to uni we literally started arguing every single day. I wanted to speak to other guys because his parents are so strict, hes not allowed to have a girlfriend so he couldnt see me unless it was the days he was at college which was twice a week. His parents didnt know about me and he wouldnt even tell me anything about his life, not even what his sibilings were called.... We dont speak all the time (we used to everyday) but his parents dont like him being on his phone so we cant speak that much

My friends literally sat me down and told me this is not a proper relationship and they reminded me of the many times i went to them crying about him. All my friends told me he doesnt love me and im just wasting my time with him. They told me to move on and find someone else.

But its not that easy... I cant get over him because i really love him, i want to be with him forever. Am i wasting my time or should i just suck it up and deal with him not being able to see me all the time and stuff?
    You need to be selfish and think realistically this relationship is not healthy and ultimately you want and need to be happy, don't feel obliged to love him because you think you can deal with all of his ****

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.