Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I'm an offer holder for geography and I'm not sure if I'll get the grades for Exeter as I've been quite lazy this year

Not sure if I should take the risk so I was wondering what your course is, the offer and what grades you actually got accepted on

My offer is A*AC (my predicted grades) but I haven't done a lot of work this year so I'm not sure if I should risk it or take a lower offer from another uni

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hattie_Hats)
    Hiya, I'm an offer holder for geography and I'm not sure if I'll get the grades for Exeter as I've been quite lazy this year

Not sure if I should take the risk so I was wondering what your course is, the offer and what grades you actually got accepted on

My offer is A*AC (my predicted grades) but I haven't done a lot of work this year so I'm not sure if I should risk it or take a lower offer from another uni

thanks
    What A levels do you do?

I'd take the risk, because I'm sure you'd be extremely pissed off if you managed A*AC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LelouchViRuge)
    What A levels do you do?

I'd take the risk, because I'm sure you'd be extremely pissed off if you managed A*AC
    I do Geography, History and Biology
    I'm hoping for an A in geography and History (maybe an A* in geography if I'm lucky) and a C in biology (I hate it but if there's a miracle, I might get a B) :confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hattie_Hats)

thanks
    I'd really try because to get an offer for a C in biology is very lucky, they require most to get AAB.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i know people have their strengths and weaknesses in subjects, but Biology really isn't too hard if you put the effort and time into learning the key concepts / terminology. Getting a B in Biology should be much easier than an A* in Geography, simply because everyone tends to loose silly marks somewhere or another, regardless of how much you know of the subject, and it can often be hard to ensure you still remain above 90%.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.