The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance Applicants 2016 (Help me decide pleaseeeeeeee)

I've applied for:
Durham (AAB - including my first language which is not English)
Birmingham (same as above)
Kent (ABB)
and two others which I don't think I would consider...

I've achieved BBBC at AS (Dropped the C's subject) and am predicted AABB (including my first language) for A2

I have decided to put Kent as insurance but I am not sure what to put as firm. Help me please!!! :colondollar:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I'd firm Durham if I were you.
Reply 2
Original post by .JC.
I'd firm Durham if I were you.

Hi .JC. Cheers for your advise :smile:. But I am not too sure because me and my parents were very disappointed with the organisation of the Post-Offer Day at Durham (especially the college that I have been allocated to). I don't want to be regretful if I were to study at Durham. I understand that Durham is a VERY GOOD uni but I don't think they care about students as much as other places I have been to. (I believe the aim of the post-offer holder days are to persuade me to choose this uni over the others). Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by awyc
Hi .JC. Cheers for your advise :smile:. But I am not too sure because me and my parents were very disappointed with the organisation of the Post-Offer Day at Durham (especially the college that I have been allocated to). I don't want to be regretful if I were to study at Durham. I understand that Durham is a VERY GOOD uni but I don't think they care about students as much as other places I have been to. (I believe the aim of the post-offer holder days are to persuade me to choose this uni over the others). Thanks :biggrin:

I guess it's a choice of whether you want a better experience during uni or better prospects after. A degree from Durham will look better and could give you the edge over other candidates, though is it worth it if you don't enjoy it there?

Can't say as I haven't been in your situation so I don't know how bad it was. If you're not sure about Durham though, you probably shouldn't go.
Reply 4
Original post by .JC.
I guess it's a choice of whether you want a better experience during uni or better prospects after. A degree from Durham will look better and could give you the edge over other candidates, though is it worth it if you don't enjoy it there?

Can't say as I haven't been in your situation so I don't know how bad it was. If you're not sure about Durham though, you probably shouldn't go.

Thank you!!! :smile::smile::smile:
Original post by awyc
I've applied for:
Durham (AAB - including my first language which is not English)
Birmingham (same as above)
Kent (ABB)
and two others which I don't think I would consider...

I've achieved BBBC at AS (Dropped the C's subject) and am predicted AABB (including my first language) for A2

I have decided to put Kent as insurance but I am not sure what to put as firm. Help me please!!! :colondollar:

durham

Quick Reply

Latest