The Student Room Group

Maths Help Please

Hi, i am currently taking gcse maths at foundation level and am a borderline C student i noticed on the higher paper less marks are needed for a C which tier shall i enter for as only 30+ marks are needed on the higher tier
Original post by fezshabbir1
Hi, i am currently taking gcse maths at foundation level and am a borderline C student i noticed on the higher paper less marks are needed for a C which tier shall i enter for as only 30+ marks are needed on the higher tier

Alright, so keep in mind before you do consider entering Higher Tier:
The LAST Questions from the Foundation paper are the start of the Higher Tier.
If you can't do them, even if you have tried i suggest not doing take the Higher paper.
I'm not trying to put you down or anything, but there's the truth.
Reply 2
Original post by LearnForYOU
Alright, so keep in mind before you do consider entering Higher Tier:
The LAST Questions from the Foundation paper are the start of the Higher Tier.
If you can't do them, even if you have tried i suggest not doing take the Higher paper.
I'm not trying to put you down or anything, but there's the truth.

i am generally quite good at the last few questions maybe a few i will have to skip
i am generally quite good at the last few questions maybe a few i will have to skip

Well, you have to pretty much get ALL the questions right before the staples in the Higher Tier to retrieve a C Grade.
Reply 4
Thanks for your HELP :smile:

I'm very surprised that you have a choice. Most schools will decide for you!

Quick Reply

Latest