Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

People in long-term relationships: Don't you get bored of the same person? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well?

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    I do. As soon as we become the title " boyfriend and girlfriend" everything goes downhill literally.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    No, i would never get bored, it's like you would never get bored of your best friend.

ReputationRep:
    Why would she? I am the greatest

ReputationRep:
    Not yet!

ReputationRep:
    haha this is why I don't see myself married

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    No, i would never get bored, it's like you would never get bored of your best friend.
    It's kind of different though, don't you think?
    How's the relationship still exciting? the butterflies aren't as strong anymore?

ReputationRep:
    The key is to find stability in your mind and, just as importantly, the right person. I don't think there is only one good choice, but there are certainly bad choices. But the love of a good woman, I think, can be enduring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    yes
    I'd agree, but no experience to back me up.

(Original post by xobeauty)
    I do. As soon as we become the title " boyfriend and girlfriend" everything goes downhill literally.
    It puts me off commitment. Imagine waking up next to the same person every single day, knowing exactly what they like, don't like, all the limitations etc.

(Original post by claireestelle)
    I get bored of my best friend pretty easily, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire_and_ice)
    Neither do I :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

It puts me off commitment. Imagine waking up next to the same person every single day, knowing exactly what they like, don't like, all the limitations etc.

Thats what I think. You know the person inside out at this point, what's exciting anymore?
    Its like having a best friend just you **** each other, even that can get same ol.

ReputationRep:
    Do you get bored of your family? Mum? Dad? Brother? Sister?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    Do you get bored of your family? Mum? Dad? Brother? Sister?
    That's unconditional love and entirely different to that of a spouse. You 'love' them, but you're not 'in love' with them.

ReputationRep:
    Well?
    I have never been in a relationship long enough to experience the boredom.

My longest recorded relationship was 3 months at max.

ReputationRep:
    People here are confusing love with lust. After a certain amount of time no you don't get the same feelings you get at the beginning, but you get other things, many of which are much better that "butterflies". It's simply the evolution of a relationship that a lot of young people don't always understand. If you can't imagine waking up next to the same person every day then that probably says one of two things. Either you're not ready or the person you're with isn't right for you

i didnt get bored
    Spoiler:
    Show
    but i think she did

ReputationRep:
    Well?
    No, been in a relationship for over two years now and boredom isn't an issue as of yet. We make each other smile and laugh, the key I feel is having a life separate from another. Share it yes but don't make it so you aren't an individual anymore
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    That's very different, i would never get bored of my best friend. I don't get bored because we share interests and always enjoy everything we do together and we know each other incredibly well, we have a stronger and generally better relationship than i have with any of the rest of my family.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.