Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am just struggling with the 10 and 20 mark essays for the OCR course. But answering the essays are always similar in all boards.

I know it depends on the question that is given but i was wondering if anyone has a basic structure for these questions or any tips and help.

Thanks for all the help It is much needed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junaid12)
    Hi

I am just struggling with the 10 and 20 mark essays for the OCR course. But answering the essays are always similar in all boards.

I know it depends on the question that is given but i was wondering if anyone has a basic structure for these questions or any tips and help.

I do Edexcel;.

Marks are awarded for,

Knowledge - Your point, impact, effect, cause, etc.
    Application - Picking something out of the text and relating it to your knowledge.
    Analysis - Saying what it will lead to.
    Evaluation - Saying why what you just said won't happen or why something is significant and will influence what you just said more

10 Marks- 2 Knowledge, 2 Application and 2 Analysis and 4 Evaluation

Paragraph one KAA + EV
    Paragraph two KAA + EV
    You could also replace one lot of KAA with a diagram and explain it.

20 Marks - 4 Knowledge, 3 Application, 4 Analysis and 6 Evaluation. (I think)

Define key word
    Draw a graph and explain it

Paragraph one KAA + EV
    Paragraph two KAA + EV
    Paragraph three KAA + EV
    Paragraph four Conclusion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junaid12)
    Hi

The way you answer questions on F585 is not the same as in other boards.
    For a 10 mark questions you usually look at 2 points and 2 evaluations (no judgement or conclusion needed). For a 20 mark question you should be looking at 2 or 3 analysis and 2 or 3 evaluations + a judgement or conclusion. Since both questions are based on levels you can't go to L4 without having L3

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 17, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.