Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm aware it's a Russel group so it's never going to be ' easy' however, it's also not in the top 20 on the university guide. I really want to do Philosophy, and their typical offer is ABB which isn't too hard, however I'm sure they'll be offering people way past that with A*'s, is it likely that with a good Personal statement, reference and predicted grades of the typical offer that I'd get in? Also my A levels are English Lit, History and Geography
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by ambermariemorgan)
    I'm aware it's a Russel group so it's never going to be ' easy' however, it's also not in the top 20 on the university guide. I really want to do Philosophy, and their typical offer is ABB which isn't too hard, however I'm sure they'll be offering people way past that with A*'s, is it likely that with a good Personal statement, reference and predicted grades of the typical offer that I'd get in? Also my A levels are English Lit, History and Geography
    Well they get around 1450 applications for 350 places but there's nothing to say that many of those applicants don't meet their entry requirements, i think it is worth a try

ReputationRep:
    I got in with ABB. I didn't end up going there though, so I'm not sure what the calibre of the rest of the cohort is like.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.