The Student Room Group

Girls wearing Choker Necklaces

Hey, what do you think of girls wearing choker necklaces? Do you think it looks nice/fashionable or not? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

It looks good.
Reply 2
Anyone else?
Reply 3
Not so keen on those like in the photo, but for the most part they look great. I'm sure there are bad ones though, like any jewellery really.
Original post by In2u
Hey, what do you think of girls wearing choker necklaces? Do you think it looks nice/fashionable or not? :smile:

these one are but others aren't

Spoiler

I like them. Especially the ones that have little charms or crystals dangling from the middle :smile:
Cheap and tacky, IMO.

I've seen a few decent looking ones in Topshop, they look a lot better.
Reply 7
Ugh, I hate them so much. When I was at secondary school (all girls), practically every year 10 student used to think they were hipster/whatever by wearing them.

They are horrific.
Reply 8
I don't like them
No. Just no.
Reply 10
I cringe when I see girls or young women wearing them in the street! I do have to say there are some pretty ones though that do not look like those vile black plastic chokers.
Personally, I like chokers they show off the collarbone and neck nicely and I wear them myself from time to time. I think the more important question is do you like wearing them or think that they look nice? No need to look for the approval of others or for their permission. It's just jewellery so wear what you want to wear and embrace it :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
No, not a fan.
the jury is out on this fashion trend
Quite clearly they look good on girls who look good. They aren't going to make an ugly look good.
Not a fan tbh.
I dont think they look particularly nice when worn.
It's not something you can get away with wearing strolling down the street.

Looks more like something your partner might ask you to wear as part of exploring fetishes... And something that'd end there and not enter your everyday wardrobe.
Personally I'm not too keen on the wiry ones although I have been known to wear them if it suits my outfit, but I am quite a big fan of the thicker velvet ones, like the one Mathilda wears in Léon the Professional :-)

image.jpeg
only suits if it is
A type of metal, usually silver or silver coloured.
Is not thick.
Worn with something fancy, should not be for every day wear.
I think we all know what a girl wants when she wears one of these......

Quick Reply

Latest