The Student Room Group

Univ. of Birmingham vs Univ. of Kent for MSc Computer Science (Conversion)

which university is better for the computer science conversion masters. Please let me know. i am in two minds. Birmingham has good ranking and reputation compared to kent. whereas, kent has an year of industrial placement.
Also, since i am from India and visa rules for us very strict, having a placement before hand makes sense as i need to find a job with annual salary above 35,000 to stay back in UK. but since birmingham has reputation, if i do well in studies, i can end with good paying job in UK itself. So i need a second opinion on this one. Please advice me.
Reply 1
Kent, I'll be going there and my plan is to create companies.

The year in industry will be great, whilst at the applicant day the tutors there said that the majority of the students who do a year in industry get jobs at the organizations in which they do their placements.

Birmingham, I currently don't have a lot of knowledge about.
Reply 2
Original post by Gwizztfc
Kent, I'll be going there and my plan is to create companies.The year in industry will be great, whilst at the applicant day the tutors there said that the majority of the students who do a year in industry get jobs at the organizations in which they do their placements.Birmingham, I currently don't have a lot of knowledge about.

Hi gwizztfc... Have you met ir know any MSc student from comp science dept.? I have some doubts that i need to clear...
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending