Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just pierced my left ear a few hours ago and i dont really know what to do now. I sterilised the thing i used to make the piercing and the actual earring. I sterilised it by putting it in boiling hot water (taken from the tap and boiled) and leaving it in there for 10 minutes. I didnt add dettol or anything like that in the water i boiled, it was just plain water. Im not sure how to take care of it and if i sterilised it (or at least disinfected) right.

What should i do now, its been a few hours since i pierced it, and its only a bit swollen i think, and theres no pain just slight discomfort when i touch it. Is it safe to take it off to see how it looks? And how often and how should i clean it? Is rotating it a good idea or does it **** up the wound more? And is there a way to get the wound to heal in less than 6 weeks?

By the way, if i was to let it close up should i cover it with a plaster, or what?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Ear piercing)
    I just pierced my left ear a few hours ago and i dont really know what to do now. I sterilised the thing i used to make the piercing and the actual earring. I sterilised it by putting it in boiling hot water (taken from the tap and boiled) and leaving it in there for 10 minutes. I didnt add dettol or anything like that in the water i boiled, it was just plain water. Im not sure how to take care of it and if i sterilised it (or at least disinfected) right.

What should i do now, its been a few hours since i pierced it, and its only a bit swollen i think, and theres no pain just slight discomfort when i touch it. Is it safe to take it off to see how it looks? And how often and how should i clean it? Is rotating it a good idea or does it **** up the wound more? And is there a way to get the wound to heal in less than 6 weeks?

By the way, if i was to let it close up should i cover it with a plaster, or what?
    Clean it with salt water daily, dont take it out for a few weeks unless it starts showing real signs of infection.

ReputationRep:
    Clean it out with salt water and perform half twists of the piercing immediately after cleaning.

If discomfort does start to occur then I would suggest seeing your GP

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.