Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a group full of couples and I have sort of taken on the role of couple counsellor in the group, which I don't mind, but at the moment they are all just arguing and it's making me feel so lonely and upset. I don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jossan)
    I'm in a group full of couples and I have sort of taken on the role of couple counsellor in the group, which I don't mind, but at the moment they are all just arguing and it's making me feel so lonely and upset. I don't know what to do
    Try to pair up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Try to pair up
    How do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    How do you mean?
    Find a gf or bf (I do not know what you are) so you do not have to be the odd one out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Find a gf or bf (I do not know what you are) so you do not have to be the odd one out
    Heterosexual and I'm not exactly the most attractive person ever so.... I just feel like my friends take what they have for granted and when they do I feel like crying my eyes out

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling!
    Maybe put yourself out there and go speak to some people you like!
    You may get lucky and not be alone anymore. It hasnt worked for me but ive not spoken to many people. Give it a go and see what happens!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Try to pair up
    How do you mean?
    (Original post by M14B)
    The left hand is a suitable choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)

ReputationRep:
    Leave the group for a bit, say you need a holiday from them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    Leave the group for a bit, say you need a holiday from them.
    I really don't want to come across as offensive because in all fairness they have done a lot for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    I assume you mean masturbation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)

I assume you mean masturbation?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    yes ._.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't want to come across as offensive because in all fairness they have done a lot for me
    Then let them know how you feel, if you don't communicate they'll never know. So tell them how all their problems make you feel, then maybe you can sort it out together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    Then let them know how you feel, if you don't communicate they'll never know. So tell them how all their problems make you feel, then maybe you can sort it out together
    Thank you thats great advice

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.