The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think I did well enough in this exam. Not bad at all.
Reply 41
scarlet ibis
yeah i thought that
i was like, where are the 6 marks in this?

at least now i have a chance of getting an overall A
yeah same. i really need an A!
Reply 43
emporium
wow someone did question 4 hehe, congratulations you must be one of about 3 in the country :wink:

Weird isn't it: everyone at my college did 4, very few did 2. Probably, it depends on the teachers.

I got 4.something for the ozone, probably it's me that's wrong
Reply 44
Nobody in my school was able to to that calculation in the first question. It seems all of you guys could do it! Is there like a set method for it that we just wern't taught? I somehow got x=3! Just wondering if anyone could show me???
Reply 45
Even at my school.... most ppl did 4..... ozone answer was

H---c=c----H
_ _H/ \c2h5

quite a few did 2... said they found it easy.....
Reply 46
method for tthe first calculation:

you got AgCl as a ppt, that other huge compound had 3 Cl's in it therefore the ratio was 1:3

you find moles of AgCl

divide 3 to get moles of that huge compound

then do mass over males to get the Molar mass which was 277.5
then minus the Relative atomic mass of K and Cl and Mg and all that crap, leaving just the xh20

that equals 108 left and cos h20 is 18 you do 108 divided by 18, giving 6
Reply 47
oh god so did not do that, but I get how you got there!
DAMN!!!!!!! How FRUSTRATING???
Reply 48
ravs
method for tthe first calculation:

you got AgCl as a ppt, that other huge compound had 3 Cl's in it therefore the ratio was 1:3

you find moles of AgCl

divide 3 to get moles of that huge compound

then do mass over moles to get the Molar mass which was 277.5
then minus the Relative atomic mass of K and Cl and Mg and all that crap, leaving just the xh20

that equals 108 left and cos h20 is 18 you do 108 divided by 18, giving 6

Thanks for showing the method. It makes sense. I'd never seen one of those questions before and stupidly got x=0.12!!! So I will have lost loads of marks (got the no of moles of AgCl so hopefully one mark!), but think I did ok on the rest of the stuff. I did Q2,3 as did most ppl at my school. I tried Q4 as had time left, and they do give you the 2highest marks from the 3questions, but I gave up as didnt like it!

Oh well, can't change the past now, and I'm still feeling quite confident, so hopefully I will have got my A. If not, then I can still get my A in biology and hopefully meet my Uni offer! Just glad it's all over...

Latest

Trending

Trending