Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting my Repeat Prescription whilst at Uni? watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hi I'm in a little bit of a pickle at the moment because
    Currently I have a GP back home who carries out all of my prescription needs, where my prescriptions are actually free (Wales) however, I do not want to sign up to a GP here at uni because it would mean I'd have to pay for my repeat prescriptions (coming to £40 a month which I simply cannot afford) and it would mean I would have no access to any of my prescriptions over the summer (which are quite important), at the moment, I can get my prescriptions brought to me by my parents (who come like 2X per term) which has been fine but recently I've been put on antidepressants which I need to continue to take but I only receive a months supply at a time, so I'm really not sure what to do. Is there anyway I could receive my antidepressant prescriptions at uni somehow (I'd be willing to pay for the one prescription but cannot afford them all), is there any service which would allow that without signing me up to another GP or losing the rest of my prescritions back home? Thank You
    • TSR Support Team

    TSR Support Team
    Two things- you're a student so you should be able to fill in a HC1 form and, as it's based on your income only, get your prescriptions free once that's gone through. If this doesn't work you can get a prescription prepayment card which is something like £110 a year for as many prescriptions as you need. So still a lot of money but your parents may help and certainly for me saves me £600+ a year. So look into these

    But to your question, you can register as a temporary patient at uni I guess but they probably won't give you that amount at once particularly on a regular basis without them actually knowing you and you being a patient at the practice.

    Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.