Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi

I've just been given new medicine. medication was mentioned a month ago or more so it's not much of a surprise. I don't have a clue what it is or why I have it because no-one explained it. If it helps anyone to answer it's called Prozep 20mg/5ml (Fluoxetine) and I take 5ml. Have now had it twice and I'm worried about some of the side effects?

Last time I felt the way I do now - which is when I was under the age of 16; I told someone at school about how I was; 2 days later they sent me to A&E and I got admitted. my CAMHS person saw me the next day and said school was wrong to do that and let me go straight away. I've never told anyone every time I have felt it since because I don't want this to happen again. I suppose I do feel it quite a lot which is probably part of the reason I have this new medicine. I don't know if my GP or CMHT know about this either.

The last time I went was the time I told someone at school, so the rules and process will be completely different. So any information about what happens would be fantastic, as well as anything to help me work out if I need to go or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi

I've just been given new medicine. medication was mentioned a month ago or more so it's not much of a surprise. I don't have a clue what it is or why I have it because no-one explained it. If it helps anyone to answer it's called Prozep 20mg/5ml (Fluoxetine) and I take 5ml. Have now had it twice and I'm worried about some of the side effects?

Last time I felt the way I do now - which is when I was under the age of 16; I told someone at school about how I was; 2 days later they sent me to A&E and I got admitted. my CAMHS person saw me the next day and said school was wrong to do that and let me go straight away. I've never told anyone every time I have felt it since because I don't want this to happen again. I suppose I do feel it quite a lot which is probably part of the reason I have this new medicine. I don't know if my GP or CMHT know about this either.

The last time I went was the time I told someone at school, so the rules and process will be completely different. So any information about what happens would be fantastic, as well as anything to help me work out if I need to go or not?
    From this, I don't understand why you're going to hospital? Is it because of the side effects of your medication? Or have you been having a hard time recently?

About the medication, really talk to your doctor about this. If you don't know what it does, then make sure you ask. If you don't understand, keep on asking. They can't force you to take anything you don't want to. Your course of treatment is up to you. How are you so sure that you'll be hospitalised?

You're only ever hospitalised if they feel as if you're a risk to yourself or other people. So, unless you're having an episode, you probably won't be admitted.

It also depends on how old you are? I went to hospital at 17, three years ago, so I only have experience with adolescent psychiatric hospitals. Feel free to message me for information I hope you get well, with or without hospital.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.