The Student Room Group

Signs a guy likes you?

What would you say the main signs are, that a guy likes you? (at school?)
When he says "I like you".

Honestly there are different signs that can be interpreted different ways. One 'sign' for one guy may not be a sign for another guy.
Reply 2
Original post by -CarpeDiem-
When he says "I like you".

Honestly there are different signs that can be interpreted different ways. One 'sign' for one guy may not be a sign for another guy.

i see what you mean! :smile: could you possibly give me a few clear examples, think the guy im thinking of is very shy so wont say that yet..
Original post by Anonymous
i see what you mean! :smile: could you possibly give me a few clear examples, think the guy im thinking of is very shy so wont say that yet..

Then ask him.
I'm not sure about school but at this place I volunteer at, I do like this girl however I thought no one would be able to tell, but a coworker of mine told me he knows because I:

Don't make an effort to talk to people and can be quite cold, but to her I am warm and make an effort to talk to her and make her laugh
I smile most with her
It's quite clear I'm most happy with her company
Look at her a lot
Mention her name more than anyone else's in conversations
Boner
He's happy whe he talks to you.
Makes an effort to talk to you.
You may catch him looking at you time to time.
He'll try to get some attention from you. But may not say anything if he's shy.

Just a few examples I can think of :tongue:
Original post by Lime-man
Then ask him.

"oh hey do you have a crush on me out of interest" ....

Not quite like that, but that's the jist of it. Put pride aside, and honestly just ask. What are your reasons for wanting to know?
Original post by Lime-man
Not quite like that, but that's the jist of it. Put pride aside, and honestly just ask. What are your reasons for wanting to know?

are pride and potential embarrassment the same thing?
are pride and potential embarrassment the same thing?

Why would there be embarrassment? It's not exactly asking someone out, but even then, not much embarrassment in that either. What's so difficult about being honest with someone?

I agree with you - a direct confrontation may be appropriate towards a supremely confident lad, but a shy guy like the one described by OP would most likely require a bit more sensitivity.

I would suggest talking to them initially - discovering what they enjoy doing in their free time, and think about what you'd like to do with them during said time - subsequently leading to a day doing that particular activity e.g. a girl I knew in school came ice skating with me because she asked me if she could come with because she didn't like hanging out in crowds, and it was a pretty cool time. :smile: As he's shy, he could pick up on subtle signs of affection e.g. prolonged eye contact before looking away with a smile - before long he may become the one with the crush on you :tongue: Good luck!

Quick Reply