mughushed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
sorry if this in the wrong forum but i just needed a little vent before i start my day...
I've gone the whole AS year fairly unstressed, kept on top of all my work, revised for my mocks and got AAAA (my aim for the real exams, oh dear), have all my revsion notes up to date and yet I am stressed as anything right now! I feel i have so much to do and no time! I do OCR Biology (I'm so scared for this exam, the new style exam is awful), Edexcel History, OCR Sociology and AQA English Lit.
I've learnt the majority of the stuff I've already done in class. There's some weak areas, but it's mostly alright.
The thing i'm stressed most about is how far behind we are in Biology?? We still have half a topic (classification) and a full topic (i think it's called biodiversity) left !!! There's so much we've missed on the spec it seems? I'm not sure why we're so far behind, does anyone else have this problem?
Anyway, that's my little vent done. Again, apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Just thought i'd post and get my frustration out - feel free to do the same, it's healthy
Good luck everyone
OrionMusicNet
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mughushed)
sorry if this in the wrong forum but i just needed a little vent before i start my day...
I've gone the whole AS year fairly unstressed, kept on top of all my work, revised for my mocks and got AAAA (my aim for the real exams, oh dear), have all my revsion notes up to date and yet I am stressed as anything right now! I feel i have so much to do and no time! I do OCR Biology (I'm so scared for this exam, the new style exam is awful), Edexcel History, OCR Sociology and AQA English Lit.
I've learnt the majority of the stuff I've already done in class. There's some weak areas, but it's mostly alright.
The thing i'm stressed most about is how far behind we are in Biology?? We still have half a topic (classification) and a full topic (i think it's called biodiversity) left !!! There's so much we've missed on the spec it seems? I'm not sure why we're so far behind, does anyone else have this problem?
Anyway, that's my little vent done. Again, apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Just thought i'd post and get my frustration out - feel free to do the same, it's healthy
Good luck everyone
Skip ahead of the biology class and just do it at home to save time.
M14B
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mughushed)
Good luck everyone
Every conscientious person is stressed at this stage!
mughushed
Rep:
?
(Original post by OrionMusicNet)
Skip ahead of the biology class and just do it at home to save time.
I think that's the most sensible idea, thank you
mughushed
Rep:
?
(Original post by M14B)
Every conscientious person is stressed at this stage!
Very true!
Lawliettt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nah I've got this. My revision last year was a mess though. I've learnt from my mistakes.

I've accepted the fact that my biology teachers can't teach. Instead of complaining, I just went through the syllabus at home and use class time to do practice questions. Meanwhile my teacher tries to make year 13 students do word searches and heads down thumbs up to try and "improve their memory". I swear he's crazy. I genuinely think everyone paying attention to him will fail.

As for maths, It just depends on what i get in d1. I should get comfortable A's/A*s in C3, C4 and M1. But I'm also retaking d1 and it's aids
Souljer
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lol just wait until you start the corporate life, then you will know what stress it, enjoy this time, you have options, you cant really fail as all you gotta do is retake or do a foundation year or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Laurasaur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcGyVTAoXEU
Rethink stress.

It can be a good thing, it can push you to work harder and get better grades. During the exams, it increases blood flow to the brain - stress is there to help
Casey_Haigh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Regular exercise helps me when I'm stressed. It releases a chemical called serotonin which is the feel good hormone. #gcsepe. Hope this helped.
cleggj88
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do the same bio spec as you and we have biodiversity and classification left to start
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (100)
5.14%
Uncertainty around my education (291)
14.95%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (205)
10.53%
Lack of purpose or motivation (272)
13.97%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (85)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (111)
5.7%
Loneliness (170)
8.73%
Financial worries (69)
3.54%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.42%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.55%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (172)
8.83%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (186)
9.55%

Watched Threads