Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My mum is always complaining no matter what she ruins my day Watch

ReputationRep:
    NO matter what I do whether it is chores cooking etc there is always something wrong for eg today I chopped tomatoes she tells me oh you chopped them not good they are ugly.There is always a problem she makes me feel like I don't want to wake up in the morning because she is never satisfied or ruins my morning because she argues with my dad about the stupidest things I am tired of this I wish I could just sleep and sleep because she is so annoying I try so hard to be a good daughter work hard at school do homework do chores help out etc yet she is never pleased and only complains and hurts my feelings and when I tell her that and how she makes me feel she ignores me.She always criticises my music which is Chinese folk music I listen to her stupid music all the time and don't complain so why can't I listen to at least one song.She really made me cry today because of her attitude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    NO matter what I do whether it is chores cooking etc there is always something wrong for eg today I chopped tomatoes she tells me oh you chopped them not good they are ugly.There is always a problem she makes me feel like I don't want to wake up in the morning because she is never satisfied or ruins my morning because she argues with my dad about the stupidest things I am tired of this I wish I could just sleep and sleep because she is so annoying I try so hard to be a good daughter work hard at school do homework do chores help out etc yet she is never pleased and only complains and hurts my feelings and when I tell her that and how she makes me feel she ignores me.She always criticises my music which is Chinese folk music I listen to her stupid music all the time and don't complain so why can't I listen to at least one song.She really made me cry today because of her attitude.
    I knew you were asian before I even read about the part where you said your mum criticises the type of music you listen to.

I'm Vietnamese and my mum is exactly the same - always complaining. When I used to spill something on the table or on the floor, she would always rant about it even though i can easily get a sponge and wipe it off.

She still complains - a lot, but not as much as before. I have been telling her, numerous times, that she needs to stop complaining because it irritates the **** out of me. You're going to have to get used to it unfortunately. You need to be mindful that her character, behaviour and english is not like a westerner's so it can't change in an instant but if you want her to complain less then you have to be assertive and tell her to stop.

ReputationRep:
    Once you move out you'll probably miss it
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    What username said. Try and let it go in one ear and out the other. When you pass your exams and leave home, then you wont have to worry about having to listen to your mum and you can please yourself. Its hard to be assertive, but if that doesnt work then just ignore her and dont take it personally.

ReputationRep:
    Think we've got the same mum lol

ReputationRep:
    I do not understand the title

ReputationRep:
    Although I am not supporting her attitude towards yourself and the rest of the family, I will say that just remember all the pain and suffering she endured when she had you as an infant.

ReputationRep:
    You have no idea how much we have in common
    I have the same routine every single day

ReputationRep:
    Tell her to stfu moaning and try kicking her

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.