Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am aiming to achieve A*s for my A level and i want to get an scholarships.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    The criteria for each scholarship is different. You need to look up the exact criteria for them.

ReputationRep:
    I Haven't known of a uni to give a scholarship for the fees...that's a very american thing

However look up the Unis you want to go to and it'll list all scholarships and stuff on the websites
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by dream_big)
    I am aiming to achieve A*s for my A level and i want to get an scholarships.
    No UK uni has full scholarships for undergrads. That's what student finance is for.

For example, in England all home students qualify for a full tuition fee loan. (Not a scholarship, ie you have to pay it back depending on your earnings when you finish university). And then there's a means-tested maintenance loan depending on your household income.

But many universities do offer small (£2-£3k) scholarships to applicants with the highest grades or sometimes for sporting or other excellence. Eg Surrey, for one. http://www.surrey.ac.uk/content/unde...s-scholarships

Are you a UK resident applying to an English university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    No UK uni has full scholarships for undergrads. That's what student finance is for.

For example, in England all home students qualify for a full tuition fee loan. (Not a scholarship, ie you have to pay it back depending on your earnings when you finish university). And then there's a means-tested maintenance loan depending on your household income.

But many universities do offer small (£2-£3k) scholarships to applicants with the highest grades or sometimes for sporting or other excellence. Eg Surrey, for one. http://www.surrey.ac.uk/content/unde...s-scholarships

Are you a UK resident applying to an English university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep i am uk student indeed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by dream_big)
    Yep i am uk student indeed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok, so your fees will covered by the student loan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most of the time by having poor parents and even then they're not full scholarships, just a couple grand per year. I think the closest thing I've heard of to what you're asking is someone being exempt from first year tuition and I haven't heard of anyone else getting that deal.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.