The Student Room Group

Changing from a 4 yr to another 4 yr course - still eligible?

Hey, I'm currently studying my first year of a 4 year course (of which I have full funding for). However, I really want to leave and re-apply for a different uni and course for 2017 entry. The new course I'm looking at is 3 years with a placement between 2nd and 3rd for the whole year... Was wondering if I would still receive funding for the whole course???

Gonna contact student finance and maybe the uni finance people, but heard that both of them give varied answers depending on who you speak to. Was just wondering if anyone knew the correct answer... Thank you :smile:
Original post by croatoan
Hey, I'm currently studying my first year of a 4 year course (of which I have full funding for). However, I really want to leave and re-apply for a different uni and course for 2017 entry. The new course I'm looking at is 3 years with a placement between 2nd and 3rd for the whole year... Was wondering if I would still receive funding for the whole course???

Gonna contact student finance and maybe the uni finance people, but heard that both of them give varied answers depending on who you speak to. Was just wondering if anyone knew the correct answer... Thank you :smile:

The formula for previous study is:

Length if new course + 1 gift year - years of previous study.

If you're restarting after 1 year then however long your new course is you'll be fine. However you have used your gift year so will not have funding if you need to resit an entire year or decide to swap again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending