Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm currently studying my first year of a 4 year course (of which I have full funding for). However, I really want to leave and re-apply for a different uni and course for 2017 entry. The new course I'm looking at is 3 years with a placement between 2nd and 3rd for the whole year... Was wondering if I would still receive funding for the whole course???

Gonna contact student finance and maybe the uni finance people, but heard that both of them give varied answers depending on who you speak to. Was just wondering if anyone knew the correct answer... Thank you
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by croatoan)
    Hey, I'm currently studying my first year of a 4 year course (of which I have full funding for). However, I really want to leave and re-apply for a different uni and course for 2017 entry. The new course I'm looking at is 3 years with a placement between 2nd and 3rd for the whole year... Was wondering if I would still receive funding for the whole course???

Gonna contact student finance and maybe the uni finance people, but heard that both of them give varied answers depending on who you speak to. Was just wondering if anyone knew the correct answer... Thank you
    The formula for previous study is:

Length if new course + 1 gift year - years of previous study.

If you're restarting after 1 year then however long your new course is you'll be fine. However you have used your gift year so will not have funding if you need to resit an entire year or decide to swap again.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.