Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My ex keeps texting me then ignoring me when I reply Watch

Broke up with my ex about a month ago and I intended to go NC but had moments of weakness along the way and would text him - usually get ignored.

He text me saying he wanted to be friends and stuff but I still had questions
    about stuff - he ignored me when I was asking him stuff.

Then I messaged him and he replied for a bit saying he didn't want to cut contact and that I "meant a lot to him" then he stopped reply and started ignoring me again.

He then messaged me last night, and by this point I was wondering whether or
    not to reply but curiosity got the better of me so I replied hours later asking him what he wanted, he said just to say hi and asked how I was. I told him I was fine and that I had handed my dissertation in and about my new job, asked him about how he was etc and lo and behold he ignored me again.

I don't understand why he is texting me and then ignoring me again? It makes me just think he's being nosy and doesn't particularly care, but it's messing with my feelings as I didn't particularly want to break up with him but he was turning into someone disrespectful and I chose not to go on with that. It's like I slowly begin to feel better and then he messages..
    I guess I just need some insight/advice here

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone replies straight away. I'm one of those people that leave their phone lying around and won't check on it for hours so I don't think you should think it's personal. He could be one of those people too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by AmazingArry)
    Not everyone replies straight away. I'm one of those people that leave their phone lying around and won't check on it for hours so I don't think you should think it's personal. He could be one of those people too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We were in a relationship for nearly 2 years, and he is literally always on his phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Broke up with my ex about a month ago and I intended to go NC but had moments of weakness along the way and would text him - usually get ignored.

He text me saying he wanted to be friends and stuff but I still had questions
    about stuff - he ignored me when I was asking him stuff.

Then I messaged him and he replied for a bit saying he didn't want to cut contact and that I "meant a lot to him" then he stopped reply and started ignoring me again.

He then messaged me last night, and by this point I was wondering whether or
    not to reply but curiosity got the better of me so I replied hours later asking him what he wanted, he said just to say hi and asked how I was. I told him I was fine and that I had handed my dissertation in and about my new job, asked him about how he was etc and lo and behold he ignored me again.

I don't understand why he is texting me and then ignoring me again? It makes me just think he's being nosy and doesn't particularly care, but it's messing with my feelings as I didn't particularly want to break up with him but he was turning into someone disrespectful and I chose not to go on with that. It's like I slowly begin to feel better and then he messages..
    I guess I just need some insight/advice here

You need to chill and stop over thinking, I usually take a while to reply to texts or messages, it also depends on my mood on that day and my circumstances.

This girl once asked me why I take so long to reply, then I thought why you so desperate and it turned me off, which made me ignore her even further.

Keep yourself occupied, I know it's easier said than done, but don't give one person all your attention that's not attractive especially if it's your ex.

ReputationRep:
    He's an ex for a reason. Just don't bother with him and leave him in the past.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We were in a relationship for nearly 2 years, and he is literally always on his phone
    Then I have no idea. But all I can say is, when I've broken up with people recently, I find it hard to even text them. Because, frankly, even though I would like for things to end on good terms and have no hostility towards them, I'd still rather not see them again. So maybe he just finds it hard to stay in contact. You can't break up with someone and expect them to be friends with you on a whim and be OK with everything at a moment's notice. You have to give them time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.