The Student Room Group

Self-teach A-level Critical Thinking

Hi all -

I want to take Critical Thinking A-level but there are no FE colleges in the near vicinity of me. Therefore I am thinking of self-teaching it. I looked at the exam boards and it seems only OCR offer it; I couldn't find anything on AQA.

So this is for everyone who has taken it, do you think it would be possible to self-teach with the resources available? Any information or links to other resources would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by Oxy
Hi all -

I want to take Critical Thinking A-level but there are no FE colleges in the near vicinity of me. Therefore I am thinking of self-teaching it. I looked at the exam boards and it seems only OCR offer it; I couldn't find anything on AQA.

So this is for everyone who has taken it, do you think it would be possible to self-teach with the resources available? Any information or links to other resources would be greatly appreciated.

Hi ! I only did AS but taught myself in about three days and got a B. I did AQA so not sure about OCR but I used the CGP revision guide. You'll definitely be able to teach yourself! Good luck!
Original post by Oxy
Hi all -

Hello! I also self-taught the AS: I'm doing it this year actually, and have sat Unit 1 and will sit Unit 2 on Tuesday. I'm on the OCR exam board and I used the CGP revision book to teach myself absolutely everything, and then did a whole bunch of past papers to get used to the exam style. I'm hoping for an A - so if I achieve it, then it's definitely possible to self-teach Critical Thinking!
Be aware that it's being reformed for September 2017, so if you want to take it you should definitely do the AS before then (i.e. summer 2017).

Quick Reply

Latest