Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Last year I got a B. I flunked statistics and it dropped me down so far. I got around 226 UMS last year. This year I am aiming for an A* I believe I am capable of it because I am naturally good at maths (Got an A* in my Mocks this year). I am just wondering if it's impossible for me to get an A/A* this year? I am retaking stats as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirRaza97)
    Last year I got a B. I flunked statistics and it dropped me down so far. I got around 226 UMS last year. This year I am aiming for an A* I believe I am capable of it because I am naturally good at maths (Got an A* in my Mocks this year). I am just wondering if it's impossible for me to get an A/A* this year? I am retaking stats as well.
    It's possible without re-sitting Stats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    It's possible without re-sitting Stats.
    I've already applied to retake stats so I have no choice but to do it. How possible is it? What would I need to achieve?

ReputationRep:
    I've already applied to retake stats so I have no choice but to do it. How possible is it? What would I need to achieve?
    You need:
    • at least 480/600 UMS overall
    • at least 180/200 UMS from C3 and C4.
    Improving your S1 would increase your chances of getting an A, it will not increase your chances of getting an A*. (You can still withdraw from S1 and get a refund up to 21 April )

ReputationRep:
    Defo possible may I ask did you find c2 paper hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluefashionlover)
    Defo possible may I ask did you find c2 paper hard
    No I didn't find it hard but I was lazy and I made a huge mistake in one question, Why do you ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    You need:
    • at least 480/600 UMS overall
    • at least 180/200 UMS from C3 and C4.
    Improving your S1 would increase your chances of getting an A, it will not increase your chances of getting an A*. (You can still withdraw from S1 and get a refund up to 21 April )
    Thanks, I think I'll do stats and be on the safe side if I don't get my A*.

ReputationRep:
    Because I am doing it soon and it is the one I am least confident about

ReputationRep:
    How are you revising for C3 and C4. Are you just doing past papers non-stop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluefashionlover)
    Because I am doing it soon and it is the one I am least confident about
    Aha, don't worry. I'd advise making sure you have C1 down. As in you can walk into that exam knowing you can get above 90 UMS. Once you get C1 down, then C2 becomes easier.

Hardest topics in C2 ,imo, are integration, geometric series and application of differentiation - (The question at the end of the paper) . I can't stress enough that doing past papers is useful. It's beyond useful because you get a taste of what they can throw in. Maths papers are set out so that questions are of difficulty by grade level. This is how they can separate the A's from the B's and so on.

Make sure you understand what you are doing. Just memorizing a method doesn't really help if the maths question becomes a bit ambiguous. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan86)
    How are you revising for C3 and C4. Are you just doing past papers non-stop?
    A lot of past papers and anything I didn't get right I see what the mark scheme does and understand it more by going back to the topic. I'm very confident with C3 but I need to work on C4.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much Good luck in your exams I hope you get that A*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.