Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Short story -

I want people to suggest training to develop my lower back muscles as recently had an operation because I was carrying things too heavy for my lower back.

Long story -

I used to carry about 8-10kg on my back for mile long runs when I was like 14-16 and do the run in about 15 minutes or so. The problem with this was I never trained my lower back causing stress fractures causing complications with a few things, meaning I needed an operation to reduce pain. Physiotherapy doesn't work too well for me because of the distance I'd need to travel daily so can people suggest a few things I can do.

Some of my back pain is probably genetic as my mum has something similar but I didn't do much to help it at all.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Honestly, the only advice I can give is just to go easy if you're gonna train your lower back directly. Since you've had an injury and operation, I'd advise speaking to someone qualified (as in actually qualified, not Geomaths qualified).
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Speak to your doctor and/or physio. No-one on here is qualified to give you advice without absolute specifics and a clinical exam

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Honestly, the only advice I can give is just to go easy if you're gonna train your lower back directly. Since you've had an injury and operation, I'd advise speaking to someone qualified (as in actually qualified, not Geomaths qualified).
    lmfao. He's banned btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    No-one on here is qualified
    Do I sense a job opening up soon?

No?

I guess that shady guy on the street corner lied about turning me into an esper...

But yeah ok thanks.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    lmfao. He's banned btw
    Ohhh, nice Thought I'd seen less complete cack around these forums lately :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Angry cucumber;[url="tel:64217293")
    64217293[/url]] lmfao. He's banned btw
    Why? Haha. Love it!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Arkarian)
    Short story -

I want people to suggest training to develop my lower back muscles as recently had an operation because I was carrying things too heavy for my lower back.

Long story -

I used to carry about 8-10kg on my back for mile long runs when I was like 14-16 and do the run in about 15 minutes or so. The problem with this was I never trained my lower back causing stress fractures causing complications with a few things, meaning I needed an operation to reduce pain. Physiotherapy doesn't work too well for me because of the distance I'd need to travel daily so can people suggest a few things I can do.

Some of my back pain is probably genetic as my mum has something similar but I didn't do much to help it at all.
    Do you have an underlying condition? Because if circa 10 kg is causing stress fractures in your back then I'm not sure if anyone can suggest anything actually useful, like deadlifts, and getting to the bottom of said condition would ultimately be more beneficial.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.