Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I have an unconditional offer for MechEng at Leeds and I'm really hesitating on which uni I should go to (main contender : Sheffield for the same course).

I won't be able to visit the uni as an international student, and I feel that in terms of videos, photos, promotion of the Engineering section Leeds don't show much.

So I have a few questions to any past or current Engineering/Mechanical Engineering students at Leeds :

- How are the facilities ? (if you have pictures that can be cool)
    - How are the classes, teachers?
    - Are there labs/practicals in first year?
    - What does your timetable look like in first year?

More general Leeds uni questions :

- How is the city? Good nightlife and stuff to do ?
    - Is the campus nice, facilities, student union ?

Sorry about all the questions, I'm freaking out as I have to decide in two weeks.

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Hello?

ReputationRep:
    It may be abit late now, but Mechanical Engineering at Leeds is ranked 1st in the country. With some of the best teaching and laboratory facilities around. The standard of teaching is really next to none. The city is really nice, biggest student union in the UK and very friendly people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master10)
    It may be abit late now, but Mechanical Engineering at Leeds is ranked 1st in the country. With some of the best teaching and laboratory facilities around. The standard of teaching is really next to none. The city is really nice, biggest student union in the UK and very friendly people.
    Speaking to friends at leeds, thats definitely not true, most of the engineering teaching as a whole is pretty bad at leeds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmadmax321)
    Speaking to friends at leeds, thats definitely not true, most of the engineering teaching as a whole is pretty bad at leeds
    Speaking with your imaginary friends there?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.