Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, I went to ze library a while back and saw one of my favourite authors from was coming from the US (today's date at 5pm), and freaked out. I LOVE HER WRITING SO MUCH, and it said she was going to do signings of her new book

I messed it all up because of my own stupid mistakes-

1) Avoiding the household chores for two days
    2) I was given £20 to pay off a school event i was going to go to, I never got the chance to give it in and spent £9 on food in and out of school
    3) So I'm a lazy, greedy person basically
    4) I also didn't tell my mum until today
    5) I told her I spent £3 pounds because I lost my dinner card thingy, (which is true but i had a replacement) and lost the remaining £6 because I know Mum would be even more disappointed (though I think she knows i'm bluffing, that I spent the rest, )
    6) So I'm a lazy, greedy AND a lying person,

Anyway, now I can't go to my nerdy book signing thing and I'm really disappointed, both in myself and about the whole crappy situation. It also doesn't help that my GCSE's are in less than a month and I haven't revised properly at all, am pretty sure I'm going to fail. (i procrastinate more than anyone you'd ever meet)

Need some words of encouragement, because today's been a generally crappy day.

ReputationRep:
    Eat chocolates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infires)
    So, I went to ze library a while back and saw one of my favourite authors from was coming from the US (today's date at 5pm), and freaked out. I LOVE HER WRITING SO MUCH, and it said she was going to do signings of her new book

I messed it all up because of my own stupid mistakes-

1) Avoiding the household chores for two days
    2) I was given £20 to pay off a school event i was going to go to, I never got the chance to give it in and spent £9 on food in and out of school
    3) So I'm a lazy, greedy person basically
    4) I also didn't tell my mum until today
    5) I told her I spent £3 pounds because I lost my dinner card thingy, (which is true but i had a replacement) and lost the remaining £6 because I know Mum would be even more disappointed (though I think she knows i'm bluffing, that I spent the rest, )
    6) So I'm a lazy, greedy AND a lying person,

Anyway, now I can't go to my nerdy book signing thing and I'm really disappointed, both in myself and about the whole crappy situation. It also doesn't help that my GCSE's are in less than a month and I haven't revised properly at all, am pretty sure I'm going to fail. (i procrastinate more than anyone you'd ever meet)

Need some words of encouragement, because today's been a generally crappy day.
    Who was the author?

Take comfort from the fact that this happens to everyone. The moment your head popped out of the womb this sort of disappointment was going to come to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a noble chance)
    Who was the author?

Take comfort from the fact that this happens to everyone. The moment your head popped out of the womb this sort of disappointment was going to come to you.
    Cassandra Clare, author of the Mortal Instruments series.

That's true though, disappointment is a thing I have to deal with i guess, since it's life. Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    Eat chocolates
    I already finished an entire dairy milk oreo thing by myself, (chocolate helps me out, it's my go-to for everything)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infires)
    I already finished an entire dairy milk oreo thing by myself, (chocolate helps me out, it's my go-to for everything)
    More chocolates? Listen to music? Watch a movie/TV series?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    More chocolates? Listen to music? Watch a movie/TV series?
    Now that's an idea!, (K dramas, I completely forgot about themm)
    thank you, btw

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.