Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've been pushing to have pinnaplasty done on the NHS, I first went to my GP almost a year ago and since then I have seen a surgeon and have had a few letters regarding progress. But it has been several months since I last heard from anyone and almost a year since I first went (to my GP reg. the issue). My GP said that it was still awaiting funding approval from the CCG.

My question is, how long does it take? I mean almost a year to decide funding seems a tad too much? Or do these things take time?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been pushing to have pinnaplasty done on the NHS, I first went to my GP almost a year ago and since then I have seen a surgeon and have had a few letters regarding progress. But it has been several months since I last heard from anyone and almost a year since I first went (to my GP reg. the issue). My GP said that it was still awaiting funding approval from the CCG.

My question is, how long does it take? I mean almost a year to decide funding seems a tad too much? Or do these things take time?
    Have you contacted them and asked where your application has got up to? It could be it's got stuck somewhere or they've forgotten about it or something. I have no idea how long it normally takes but that does seem quite a whole and worth asking about at least. There's also PALs who are good at lookin into this sort of thing (google them) but probably need to ask yourself first. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by furryface12)
    Have you contacted them and asked where your application has got up to? It could be it's got stuck somewhere or they've forgotten about it or something. I have no idea how long it normally takes but that does seem quite a whole and worth asking about at least. There's also PALs who are good at lookin into this sort of thing (google them) but probably need to ask yourself first. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    PALS actually seems like something that could help-thanks! About contacting them, my GP says that they're waiting for funding confirmation (which may even be rejected), who else can I contact, the CCG themselves, PALS, what do you suggest?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    PALS actually seems like something that could help-thanks! About contacting them, my GP says that they're waiting for funding confirmation (which may even be rejected), who else can I contact, the CCG themselves, PALS, what do you suggest?
    No problem! They sound good people to start with- PALS have to resolve queries within eight days or something like that I think so they're probably best. It'll vary place to place but they certainly helped me a lot. If they can't do anything, try your CCG directly (you could always copy in someone important is what my GP suggested, it's harder to ignore then ) which will take longer but hopefully reach the same conclusion. Hope you manage to sort it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by furryface12)
    No problem! They sound good people to start with- PALS have to resolve queries within eight days or something like that I think so they're probably best. It'll vary place to place but they certainly helped me a lot. If they can't do anything, try your CCG directly (you could always copy in someone important is what my GP suggested, it's harder to ignore then ) which will take longer but hopefully reach the same conclusion. Hope you manage to sort it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the help! I got exams coming up but will get to the bottom of this right after.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.