AS Level English Literature - how did you revise? Watch

creative_lad28
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi all,
I have my AS English Lit exams coming up soon, and I wanted some advice on how fellow or previous students have been revising or how they revised. For me, I write essays and do some essay plans as that's quicker, however I need tips on how to memorise key quotations, themes, historical and social contexts etc.
By the way the texts I'm studying, on the AQA B spec, are Othello, Death Of A Salesman, Tess Of The D'Urbervilles and a Poetry Anthology (includes Paradise Lost, Tithonus, The Convergence Of The Twain... the list goes on)
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by creative_lad28)
Hi all,
I have my AS English Lit exams coming up soon, and I wanted some advice on how fellow or previous students have been revising or how they revised. For me, I write essays and do some essay plans as that's quicker, however I need tips on how to memorise key quotations, themes, historical and social contexts etc.
By the way the texts I'm studying, on the AQA B spec, are Othello, Death Of A Salesman, Tess Of The D'Urbervilles and a Poetry Anthology (includes Paradise Lost, Tithonus, The Convergence Of The Twain... the list goes on)
English Literature is the sort of subject that you have to keep practising via essays and just learning quotes.

I think what you have is just what everyone does. I did this during GCSEs, A-level English Lit and doing it now during my undergraduate in English Lit.

There is no right or wrong way. But you way seems to be the generic and most straight-forward way of revising for English Literature.
ivybridge
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mainly just essays and learning quotations. English Literature is very accumulative and very much a 'work and learn as you go' sort of subject. You should be quite prepared by the time you get to the revision period if you have been working consistently hard all year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (64)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (379)
56.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.33%

Watched Threads