Turn on thread page Beta

Is Clearing Unfair? watch

Announcements

Clearing has already started for Scottish students. Do they have an unfair advantage over English/Welsh students who won't be able to enter Clearing until the 14th?

(Original post by Unregistered)
    Clearing has already started for Scottish students. Do they have an unfair advantage over English/Welsh students who won't be able to enter Clearing until the 14th?
    Exactly, it should start on the same day for all students.

(Original post by Unregistered)

Universities know that only Scottish Highers enter clearing today and (accoring to my tutor) they are generally reluctant to make offers if they feel that there will be more students (with improved grades) applying on the 14th. I think that unless they are confronted with someone that surpasses the entry requirements by some way, they would probably try and delay the process by asking for the student to wait for the Thursday (assuming they feel they can attract a "better" applicant).

ReputationRep:
    actually clearing starts for EVERYONE on the 14th august

(Original post by Falguni)
    actually clearing starts for EVERYONE on the 14th august
    Scottish Highers starts today!!! - Unless UCAS lied to me??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Scottish Highers starts today!!! - Unless UCAS lied to me??
    I think that the Independant produces Scottish vacancy lists today, but don't believe they can start applying through Clearing until Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    I think that the Independant produces Scottish vacancy lists today, but don't believe they can start applying through Clearing until Thursday.
    yep, dead on

ReputationRep:
    Though, this still allows them to entr clearinng a few hours before us, as we get our results at average 10:00. Unless UCAS open at around that time.

(Original post by Xenon)
    Though, this still allows them to entr clearinng a few hours before us, as we get our results at average 10:00. Unless UCAS open at around that time.

i get mine at 12

ReputationRep:
    even if clearing opeded for them today- remeber highers are basicly AS exams....which is why scotting unis have a foundation year....

so they are at a suvere disadvantage already.

love Katy ***

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.