Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys revise for physics and how do you know when you've truly understood the topic you revised? I revise topics but I don't feel like I'm revising them well enough/effectively or I don't feel confident in applying the topic to questions. What can I do from now until my exams to ensure I'm more confident in attacking Physics? I want to study engineering at university so physics is really essential!

Cheers guys!

ReputationRep:
    Past papers my friend, past papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTopStudent)
    Past papers my friend, past papers
    Do you feel like you intuitively understood physics through past papers because a lot of people say memorize the mark scheme but I don't feel that helps me to understand the topic. If i understand the topics then I won't have to worry as much about memorizing the mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logic938)
    Do you feel like you intuitively understood physics through past papers because a lot of people say memorize the mark scheme but I don't feel that helps me to understand the topic. If i understand the topics then I won't have to worry as much about memorizing the mark scheme.
    No no no, memorising the mark scheme will get you nowhere as it changes every time (obviously).
    Having said that it's very useful to memorise the 1 mark definitions and 3/4 bullet point explanations that mark schemes give, as these come up each time.
    Apart from that doing topic questions does work really well especially for working on weaker areas, but once this is done this undersdtanding must be applied to papers imo

ReputationRep:
    No no no, memorising the mark scheme will get you nowhere as it changes every time (obviously).
    Having said that it's very useful to memorise the 1 mark definitions and 3/4 bullet point explanations that mark schemes give, as these come up each time.
    Apart from that doing topic questions does work really well especially for working on weaker areas, but once this is done this undersdtanding must be applied to papers imo
    Thanks for the reply! I really want to get into a good university so I want to do as well as I can!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logic938)
    Thanks for the reply! I really want to get into a good university so I want to do as well as I can!
    No worries, I'm in the same boat as you need A*AA, what about you and what uni?

ReputationRep:
    No worries, I'm in the same boat as you need A*AA, what about you and what uni?
    I'm still in my AS year but I want to do well in my Physics mocks for predicted grades. I'm going to apply for Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Durham and Southampton.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.