Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone describe how is it, the good/bad...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by lewa9ewa)
    Can anyone describe how is it, the good/bad...
    It might be worth you also considering Imperial, Cambridge and others.

Do you have a preferred speciality (mechanical, EEE, civil, aero, chemical, etc)? Is it your intention to have a career in engineering or some other field (eg finance)?

And are you an International or UK applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    It might be worth you also considering Imperial, Cambridge and others.

Do you have a preferred speciality (mechanical, EEE, civil, aero, chemical, etc)? Is it your intention to have a career in engineering or some other field (eg finance)?

And are you an International or UK applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am an European applicant and I would like to do mechanical engineering, I plan to send my application to imperial also, but not Cambridge.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I can't talk about the course itself but I can talk about the stats and what employers think, people are generally less satisfied at Oxford than other upper tier engineering schools and quite a lot fewer are hired as engineers. Oxford isn't really seen as an engineering school in the same way Imperial and to an extent Cambridge is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    I can't talk about the course itself but I can talk about the stats and what employers think, people are generally less satisfied at Oxford than other upper tier engineering schools and quite a lot fewer are hired as engineers. Oxford isn't really seen as an engineering school in the same way Imperial and to an extent Cambridge is.
    Thanks for the info. Do you think it's harder to get into Cambridge than oxford for engineering ?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by lewa9ewa)
    Thanks for the info. Do you think it's harder to get into Cambridge than oxford for engineering ?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4011305
    Oxford or Cambridge?

But that's not the way to decide. Decide based on the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.