Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to get out of this 'endless' loop? Watch

So basically I really like this girl and I see her a couple times a week. Long story short I've accepted the fact that nothing is going to happen between us and so I've got over her. However when I see her I start getting feelings for her again and it feels like she likes me back but she's just generally nice to people. Then for the rest of the day I can't stop thinking about her, then the next day I get over her until I see her again.

How can I break this loop?

ReputationRep:
    Time, unfortunately.

I used to have a massive crush on a girl in high school. Absolutely gorgeous girl and from what I knew of her, she was really kind. I always saw her in the corridors etc, and like you whenever I saw her my feelings would just spark up again. There was nothing I could do but to continue on with my day and acknowledge that nothing would ever happen.

You'll be alright. It's only natural to feel this way. Just keep yourself busy and eventually your thoughts will be occupied by something (or someone!) else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So basically I really like this girl and I see her a couple times a week. Long story short I've accepted the fact that nothing is going to happen between us and so I've got over her. However when I see her I start getting feelings for her again and it feels like she likes me back but she's just generally nice to people. Then for the rest of the day I can't stop thinking about her, then the next day I get over her until I see her again.

How can I break this loop?
    You say that you see here a couple of times a week. What causes your meeting? Is it something you can avoid or alter?

It might just be a crush, but it's natural to fantasize about someone until you move on to your next "crush". How strong are your feelings if you can get over them between meeting? Is there some way you can distract yourself from your feelings and move on permanently? Perhaps introducing a new hobby would allow you to meet more people and therefore someone who you have stronger feelings for and who likes you back?

How do you know that she doesn't like you back? Have you asked her? If your feelings are recurring, does that mean they're strong enough to facilitate a relationship, if she wanted that?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.