Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I do USA, Russia and Germany any tips on how to get an A* in each exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameenatariq)
    buy it off craigslist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    buy it off craigslist
    What??

ReputationRep:
    What??
    you can get anything there

ReputationRep:
    you can get anything there
    Get what? Tips?

ReputationRep:
    Get what? Tips?
    i'm so tempted .... hmmm

but seriously i see these threads occasionally and i'm sure that these people are likely to be looking for a way out of doing all the hard work and looking for an easy way out to get a good grade but it's all how much knowledge and skills you can use.
    not accusing you of this but i think this is what many come on here asking for

ReputationRep:
    i'm so tempted .... hmmm

but seriously i see these threads occasionally and i'm sure that these people are likely to be looking for a way out of doing all the hard work and looking for an easy way out to get a good grade but it's all how much knowledge and skills you can use.
    not accusing you of this but i think this is what many come on here asking for
    I'm sorry but who are you to assume anything. I came on here to ask for tips because I keep getting A's in the exam and wanted tips from someone who has gotten an A* in the exam and how they did it. If its not you then bye.

ReputationRep:
    I got 198/200 in WJEC History with 50/50,50/50,49/50 in one exam on Germany and the two USA ones. I guess the syllabus has probably changed slightly (sat it in 2013), but I used a combination of this book ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Revision-Not.../dp/1444158570 ) and bitesize, copying down facts over and over again until they stuck essentially, along with, of course, past paper practice and checking the syllabus/mark schemes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I got 198/200 in WJEC History with 50/50,50/50,49/50 in one exam on Germany and the two USA ones. I guess the syllabus has probably changed slightly (sat it in 2013), but I used a combination of this book ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Revision-Not.../dp/1444158570 ) and bitesize, copying down facts over and over again until they stuck essentially, along with, of course, past paper practice and checking the syllabus/mark schemes.
    Yeah I use that book to revise already! It's more about how I answer the questions!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I use that book to revise already! It's more about how I answer the questions!
    Hmm my teachers gave some specific advice on that but it's been a while so I probably can't offer much reliable advice. If you can get access to the examiner's reports they are good for this; of course the mark schemes can help to an extent as well.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    what i do: shrink the content down with your notes, no other way but to go through your whole book and rewrite it on plain paper and compile it. unless you havent made notes all year then i dont see how that's difficult.

read it again and again

look at past paper questions and see what event in your notes that question applies to. i got A* full UMS on the american wjec paper by doing that. this june i got Germany and British paper i've just finished all my notes and is in the process of reading it every so often. mocks are so helpful in class because it tells you where you need to improve! i recently got A* on the british mock paper, but remembering little details like dates and names still need to be improved, which i'll do by june

it helps if you see the fun and interesting thing in history, i naturally love the subject so i have more motivation to revise for it :-)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.